[cir] Fastline

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
McBidouille

[cir] Fastline

Post by McBidouille »

Hi guys,

So here is the final version of Fastline.
You will see that I modified a lot of things, and I changed the camera position that gives a better experience while playing.
One thing I can't really upgrade is the IA performance because I've tried many things with the AI line and it won't give me the AI faster, sorry for that. You can however put the AI skill from 105% to 110% to get a better experience.
I hope it will bring you fun!!!

BB. :bg:
Attachments
Fastline.PNG
Fastline.rar
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Last edited by McBidouille on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixels are stronger than polys!
FRUKIScze

Re: [cir] Fastline

Post by FRUKIScze »

There are a lot of office buildings. Try to put there something another like houses, tree and persons. And somewhere office buildings block view. (pit entry and exit) :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Actually this track is definitely my taste of street circuits! This is great! :yummy: :bg:

I have no problems with this having lots of office buildings.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
puttz

Post by puttz »

It looks to me like a kind of odd combination of street and regular circuit. The setting is a street circuit, but the track appears to just be a regular circuit. I'd agree with FRUKIScze that there should be more building variety. Or, add some roads and make it seem more like a temporary street circuit.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Agreeing with FRUIKScze and puttz. Moreover, the scenery reminds me of a stereotypical Tilkedrome street circuit for some reason, and obviously, it is not everyone's taste. The track overall does not seem too bad, though.

3,8/5 :star:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

It's fun to have also tracks that try to mix things up if you ask me. :cool2: I've always liked [cir] type tracks that are actually situated in a city.
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

Thanks a lot guys for these replys, this should really gives the track nice improvements.
Update coming soon...

BB :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

First thought was ''if real Abu Dhabi also had layout like this!''. :D

Buildings look great, just the one on left hand after leaving first hairpin is bit messy. I agree with Tuomo, this will be great with some more street-like stuff around (e.g. better lmap bellow the building in top-left, e.g. some cobblestone pavement). :bg:
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

:D Thanks Trigger Happy,

I'm grateful that you recognized the track style picked up from Abu Dhabi. This show how well referenced you are in this universe.
And your opinion comforts me that I have to modify the layout and some of the buildings to give it more richness...

DuklaLiberec I didn't answer about the track type. I agree that this is a stereotypical one and that's the way I wanted it to be.
I would create a fast track with high-speed curves and an interesting layout.
I have to modify too the AI line that makes opponents too slow. I've noticed that fastest the track is, hardest it is to get a high AI level, as snakeditor have some strange bugs with creating it (I mean that AI don't necessarly respect everytime the created line).

Thanks again...workin' hard on it!!! :bg:
McBidouille

Post by McBidouille »

Update is done guys... :up:
Thanks for advices.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Don't know what it looked like before, but it looks pretty damn good now! Really nice and unique atmosphere
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //