[cir] Aipins v2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Fermmoylle

[cir] Aipins v2

Post by Fermmoylle »

Old Aipins was a flawed concept. All those concrete posts should make the track a little bit more technical -- in practice, it made it annoying. -- If you hit one of those posts, rest assured the car would hit another during the same lap, as it would move erractly after too much damage. And that meant you were punished twice: once for the inital crash, again on subsequent crashes.

Anyway, I wanted to keep the general layout but I knew it should change. So, if a change was needed, I could as well use different turn radius and esses, but keeping a few strategic points where concrete posts (nearer the track, mind you) would pay their respects to the memory of the old track.

Somehow it reminds me of Estoril after all changes, but it wasn't a counscious decision.

AI line optimized for 100 AI Formula, but it works also with 70 (albeit you'll probably see a little damage a few seconds after the start, as 70 AI will press their opponents against the concrete posts more aggressively, but nothing game breaking).
Attachments
New track screenshot.
New track screenshot.
Old track, for reference.
Old track, for reference.
aipins.zip
Track and readme files.
(40.74 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Marcelo "Fermmoylle" Paschoalin