[cir][tpk] Juraud - Montesse Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
YoNnie

[cir][tpk] Juraud - Montesse Circuit

Post by YoNnie »

Hello!
Here is my new track Juraud - Montesse Circuit!
I took inspirations from Magny - Cours and I think you can feel it :)
There is 5 configurations: GP, Long, Short, Club and Mini.

Enjoy and hope to see you soon!
Attachments
Juraud - Montesse Circuit.PNG
Juraud-Montesse Circuit.rar
(274.54 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
ALL TRACKS
Txizzle

Re: [cir][tpk] Juraud - Montesse Circuit

Post by Txizzle »

Yes, there is a Magny-Cours inspiration....but it least it looks more amusing than Magny-Cours itself. :P

Definitely giving it a drive, looks interesting to race on.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Hello YoNnie, it's a pleasure to see you always active here ! :)

A french fictional track ? Oh yes ! :bg:

Lmap is really detailed and you filled well the surroundings of your track with this realistic lmap buildings and stuff. I have only one thing which bothered me a little ; it's this upper road which going in the tunnel. Maybe doing the white lines straight and from a little before and illusion would be perfect. But I really quibble over small details here. Don't want to bother you.

Circuit is good to drive, I wished that the little circuit in the upper left was playable in kart, but 5 layouts will make me busy enough. :D

And agree with Txizzle, it's better than Magny-Cours from my point of view. :yummy:

Thanks YoNnie for your dedication to this game and for the players around the world who still love and play to GeneRally.

Hoping that after a month you will see my reply (better later than never :bsmile: ).

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Thanks guys for feedback! I'm happy you enjoy this track :D
I'm not super satisfied with this lmap, but it' close to perfection I guess. Also I left this tunnel as it is, because I tried to make it better and results weren't satisfied.
Kart version was in my mind, even I started to make lmap, but amount of work I'd have to put in it was as huge as creation of another track (where I hadn't good experience in make tracks with small WS, so it would last much longer, also I wanted to make it with e.g. drawed tyres as walls, it also would take more time), that's why I decided to make it abandon. I think there is enough version of the track, as you said, Kikwik.
At the end, I'm also worried what happened to GRIF, but there is also my fault in it. After uploading KaisenRing I totally feel without will to making tracks and I started to be invisible in forum, practically I left. Now it's silent and I'm afraid someday, checking out website I can see that this adress doesn't exist anymore. So I'm trying to at least finish this track I left abandoned (and I suppose it was worth of it, as you can see above), what you can read in my signature.
And Kikwik, I'm checking GRIF couple of times in a week, so replying wouldn't be that long ;)
ALL TRACKS
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Don't worry too much about your track, you have quite a strong will to come back to what you've done unfinished. And seriously, to all who make such circuits like yours, rwl or fictional one, with so much details, patience and work behind, you got my respect. :hattip:

I also try on my side to update my tracks but the first ones are so terrible that I can't do much to save them. :P I'm trying my best though !
At the end, I'm also worried what happened to GRIF, but there is also my fault in it. After uploading KaisenRing I totally feel without will to making tracks and I started to be invisible in forum, practically I left. Now it's silent and I'm afraid someday, checking out website I can see that this adress doesn't exist anymore.
I'm afraid of this too, and seeing lot of websites like Longbow, mebiko and other ones disappearing without being able to recover their creations is really sad.

But I think leaving GRIF for a while is a normal process. It happens to everyone (Me first who left 2 or 3 times the forum and shame on me abandonning a community track project, bad Kikwik, bad ! :mrgreen: ) because we all have new games to try and play, goals in life, work to do, marriage for some ones and so on. We don't always have inspiration or enough will to create also, and weariness can happen after few years. What is abnormal but understandable is the lack of new members. This new generation are searching more realistic racing games than Generally who is well aged now (2002-2003), and having some guys who still create things for an old game like this is quite an achievement (members of the old RSC forum like Leander were surprised that guys still created things for Generally in 2009, so what to say now !). Fortunately nostalgia strikes back once in a while and bring back some old fellows. It was a good surprise to meet you again YoNnie ! :bsmile:
So I'm trying to at least finish this track I left abandoned (and I suppose it was worth of it, as you can see above), what you can read in my signature.
Of course it was worth it (even if not many people comments here they see and download your track anyway, and I'm pretty sure they like it, and each addition to GR with this level of quality is welcome) and if you have some other tracks, you know that some guys like me would be happy to comment on it and play it. Keep going on if you still like GeneRally and if you have pleasure and fun to doing so.

Wish you the best ! :bg:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database