[stc] Oreogo Beach

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stc] Oreogo Beach

Post by TuomoH »

Here's another Track Editor only track. This time we head to Oreogo Beach, a tropical city next to the ocean. The track is a fast street course with nice hmap changes along the route. The AI has been optimized for the original Formula.

Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :cool2:
Attachments
oreogobeach.zip
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
oreogobeach.jpg
Kikwik

Re: [stc] Oreogo Beach

Post by Kikwik »

Your usual supporter is here again ! :goal: :D

What I found incredible in this track is it's only with TE. You made an incredible job to make it beautiful despite the limitations you put on yourself.

The lines on the road are once again very neat, the city you've created seems pretty real and objects are numerous and well placed, which contribute to the overall nice atmosphere. It has also this TE vibe like those fat white lines along the streets and no dithering. Once again, modern meets old and it's a success.

AI is tough on this track and the hairpin at the top right with this challenging last corner gives us a reason to train more than usual before racing again AI drivers. Hmap is smooth but we clearly feel them along the track and add a little variety during our driving, changing the way we take corners after some Hmap variations.

Frankly, it's one of the most beautiful TE track I've ever seen, and icing on the cake, it's pretty challenging alone and with AI. :yummy:

Congrats ! :bg:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Wow! It's an incredible track! And this is made only with TE. Please, teach me! :D :D :D
Very funny track, hard on a right level, funny to drive and AI is well setted imo, very competitive.
The section at top right it's my demon, i need to practice :doh: :D :D
I like it very much, i want to be able to build track with this quality level :weep: :weep:
Thank you Tuomo!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot guys. :bsmile:
Danador12 wrote:Please, teach me! :D :D :D
You know what! I started writing a reply to this and it got longer and longer. I'm now thinking of writing a TE trackmaking tutorial! I'll keep you guys informed.
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

TuomoH wrote:
You know what! I started writing a reply to this and it got longer and longer. I'm now thinking of writing a TE trackmaking tutorial! I'll keep you guys informed.
That's would be fantastic! :mrgreen: