[cir] [oth] Caleb

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] [oth] Caleb

Post by Danador12 »

Another track while i'm learning to make better tracks. :mrgreen:
I'm improving one by one all my personal tracks i've made during this year.
Now it's "Caleb" time. :D

It is an incontamined fictional island crossed by a river that separates the two side of the track. Be aware of the crossorad after the first sections, thiner than predictions. The risk of accidents is high. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But pitlane is near to this dangerous area, at least. :taped:
It could be a race for have a funny different competition.
P.S.: I know that it's not my best work, less accurate than other i've made and the ones i'm doing meanwhile, but i believe that the results are better than the first version of Caleb that was very ugly (that's is attached as a png for a comparison). So i think that's the reason why i couldn't do so much. Moreover, I have still to improve in object placement, Hmapping, general accuration of track. :meditate:

See you in a next track. I hope you'll enjoy it. :mrgreen:
Attachments
That's the downloadble layout.
That's the downloadble layout.
That's the old Caleb
That's the old Caleb
Caleb.rar
(20.01 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Kikwik

Re: [cir] [oth] Caleb

Post by Kikwik »

Oh great ! Lot of nice things here. :)

First, I like the layout and the worldsize. The layout is quite simple, but it's efficient, and the worldsize is not too high, and is pleasing to drive on, plus it's large enough.

Second, I appreciate the scenery. One more time simple, but the contrast between the grassy area and the sandy one, cut by this river, is nice to see. It works. Some details are neat too (the first corner, the circled booths ! :bg: ). Good thing that you protected some dangerous areas like the entrances and exits of the bridges.

Third, your pit area is original, that said not glued next to the track, and you used pit limiters so great again.

Starting positions surprised me, but it's good like that.

I forgot to play with AI though, my bad.

But you make great progresses. Once again, keep going ! :goal:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Wow, i don't believed that Caleb would be appreciated from you ahahha
I can't see very very big progress (only for this track i mean, after i'll upload Vygaiso, and i love it, i think it's my best track restoration work :D ) I used lots of advices the community gave me and it's better than before for sure, the curves are more accurated, the circled booths it's a personal victory ahgahhah
Going on i'm learning how to curve better the objects, but i don't why, where and how but Caleb still gave me the idea of...mmm..."amateur" stuff, i believe.
For istance, i don't know what happens at the pitlane entrance, there is this sort of bubble between the bridge and the tarmac and the ambient it's a sort of monocromatic...well, don't know exactly how to say that, but "amateur" synthesize what i mean.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Alright, I finally had time to test this track. I like the atmosphere of the track and even though the layout isn't special, it's still nice. :up: However, there are several problems with this track.

With the other problems I can live with but the AI (tested with Formula) is doing quite bad job. It keeps hitting the walls at the left side of the screen. :vsad: I would also either spread the start or move it to a straight as the start of the race becomes quite chaotic. However, I can appreciate what you tried to do there, I think.

One problem that is easily fixed is the bridge bug: the cars jump at the bridges. This can be solved by making a smoother hmap transition. :cool2:

Finally, even though I liked the atmosphere, there are too many trees for my liking. It makes the track look a bit monotonic. In places where they block parts of the track it's on the border whether they block too much or not. :scratch:

Said that, keep it up, I can definitely see you're progressing. :bg:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Thank you for advices TuomoH! :D
TuomoH wrote:This can be solved by making a smoother hmap transition
Ok, thanks. I've tried during the composition but without any results (Otherwise, it won't be like that :D :doh: )
You mean, it could possible with TE or i should work on it with GRMHEdit?
TuomoH wrote:the start of the race becomes quite chaotic
Well, that was my idea, i could have put the starts where you said but the idea of what could happens with a starts located there sounded good to me :goodvibes:
TuomoH wrote:In places where they block parts of the track it's on the border whether they block too much or not.
I'm not sure of understood what do you mean, can you explain? What can i do to make better?

Thanks for comment! :D
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Danador12 wrote:You mean, it could possible with TE or i should work on it with GRMHEdit?
It's definitely possible to do such hmap in TE. :)
I'm not sure of understood what do you mean, can you explain? What can i do to make better?
I mean that for me it's actually okay to have this much trees blocking the sight! You manage to do it just the right amount. :bg: