[roa] Dandelion Shore

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

[roa] Dandelion Shore

Post by Garbre »

Hi everyone! :D

It has been ages since I've last posted a track of my own. So, I've finally took some time to finish one of my creations, kept on my harddrive!

This track's called "Dandelion Shore" and is located on a country road next to some lakes. Poppy flowers are blooming everywhere where the eyes can see. Traintracks divide the track in half; huge rocks are lying out of bounds. Beware of invisible walls! You can check them in TE or just run in to them to measure their size and locations. I was very careful about using them since the road's width is smaller then what I usually use. The track is compatible with widescreen displays (FullHD), but you can set the resolution to your taste. I've fallen in love with this widescreen option since now I can use the whole space and not ignore the corners of the track. Although that means I have to update my works that were made for 3:4 display.

The ZIP file contains my custom palette which I've been using since 2018. But you can use your own, of course! Track's name was shortened due GeneRally naming restrictions.

Opponents were set to be mildly threatening; I like less competitive driving. Sometimes I just set the number of laps to 100 and drive until I get bored. I only focus on driving better, taking corners faster and searching for the right angles. Actually, that's how I do testing. You could call it: zen-driving. :rofl: But I do let the cpu go for some laps and see if they make a mess. This track was tested with original GR formulas and Strava's great go-karts.

Enjoy! :bg:
Attachments
DandelionShore_preview.jpg
Dandelion Shore.zip
Dandel.S..TRK
GreenGrass2018.pal
(119.61 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Last edited by Garbre on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Txizzle

Re: [roa] Dandelion Shore

Post by Txizzle »

Ooh that one looks nice. :D Has some kind of a 'local out back road' feeling. I'm gonna try it out soon. :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

This is something I certainly did not expect to see :)

It looks gorgeous, as your tracks always do. My favorite thing is the innovative use of hay bales as dandelion(?) fields. To me, they look more like wheat fields, though. I thought they were wheat fields before I read about the dandelions. :)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

This is genuinely one of the most impressive looking tracks I've ever seen, so much so, it inspired me to make a palette as well.

I have only hotlap it and it really has that old school rally vibe going. The HMap throws you around in such a good way, you learn it all pretty quickly and it's just a ton of fun.

Visually this is one of the greatest circuits I've ever seen. It really speaks for itself :D
View my archived circuits/cars here
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

It's a bit embarrassing :sweatdrop: , but it looks like I've made a mistake when I was naming the track. I didn't know the hungarian name of the flower I was thinking of. I thought it was "pitypang", which is dandelion in english. But dandelions are yellow and the flower I was thinking of is red. Now I know what I was looking for are actually common red poppy flowers ("pipacs" in hungarian), which you can see many in the lmap.

...and the areas covered in haybales are really supposed to be wheat fields. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :sorry:

All in all, I'm satisfied with the results, and thank you so much for the kind words, everyone!
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Wow! That´s one step up from everything I´ve seen for Generally so far.
Surely among the best tracks ever made!

Thanks for this great track! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Garbre wrote: I didn't know the hungarian name of the flower I was thinking of. I thought it was "pitypang", which is dandelion in english.
I was pretty sure it was refered to the character in the Witcher :flip: :flip:
Aniway, nice track! :shock:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Wonderful to see a new track from you! It looks really awesome, the lmap art (those houses and especially the rowboat :yummy: ) and the feel of this small town. It also drives very well, I like how the hmap adds some flavors. :up:

As downsides, I'm not a fan of those road cones in the insides of the corners and the AI is too slow for my taste (original Formula). :shhh:

Overall, it's a very nice track. :bg: