[cir] Yarky Six

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Yarky Six

Post by XYY »

Hello everyone,
great to see a "light" revival of GR trackmaking! :goal:
I also dug out another piece out of my archive: Yarky Six is a track which was made in late 2010, but stayed 60% finished for a long time. In 2014 I continued working on it, but only little steps. A few days ago I looked through my old unfinished tracks again and found this gem. I thought it would be worth finishing it.
Yarky Six is one of the first tracks where I used "professional" working methods, some of which I still use today (only even pixel ratios for straights, reworking the lines after Snakeditor). However it's interesting to see there are also techniques which I nowadays no longer use at all. I wanted to preserve as much of the old flair as possible and tried to finish the track in the manner I would have done ten years ago, hopefully it worked. However, the original track was still made in v1.05, but as I already used new objects in the 2014 working phase I kept some of them. But it would also work without the v1.1 objects... ;)
It may not be as sophisticated graphically as my later works, but nevertheless it's a good-looking track and I think it's very fun to drive. The AI line has been tested with the Formula, and the opponents will give you a hard time finishing first... :shhh:

Have fun!
Attachments
Yarky Six.png
Yarky Six.zip
(97.08 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Danador12

Re: [cir] Yarky Six

Post by Danador12 »

Nice! Nice! Nice! I like the layout and also grapichally it works well! :bg: :bg:
XYY wrote: the opponents will give you a hard time finishing first...
I tested that, damn! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :doh:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

This is a damn fun circuit, both in drive-ability and looks. Goodness me, the corner just before the big banked one is total evil and so easy to overshoot :evil: It is so fun to try get through all of the circuit in one piece. :up: Absolute recommendation from me
View my archived circuits/cars here
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

The track does indeed give some old school vibes (not old old school) and the visuals work. :) I love the hmap, it really keeps you on your toes but isn't it against regulations to have those palm trees unprotected after a hard corner/hmap combination? :misch: The AI is exactly as hard as I wish it to be - gives you good fights but is beatable with precise driving. It's a great track. :up: :up:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thank you for the comments! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the track :goodvibes:

I'm a little bit surprised that all of you also praise the looks of this tracks, because I thought this looks quite "dated" already and isn't up to my today's standards. But it seems my standard wasn't a lot lower back then... :)
Yes, the corner before the big banked one is very nasty... And no, I think it's just fine to have the palm trees directly there ;)
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

XYY wrote:because I thought this looks quite "dated" already and isn't up to my today's standards.
According to my taste, i prefer those kind of tracks. I'm not an huge fan of tracks grapichally complex even if i like run on those tracks, obv :D :D
But in general i prefer a simple style, something that immediately belongs visually to Generally. That's why i like those kind of graphic :bg:

(And that's why in my tracks i follow those kind of tracks, but maybe i'm only too lazy :flip: :flip: :flip: :artist: )