[tpk] [cir] [mic] [oth] All For One (Letters)

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[tpk] [cir] [mic] [oth] All For One (Letters)

Post by Danador12 »

Hi guys! My first (and maybe last :lol: ) trackpack is online!
I started it on 15th August, while i was in quarantine, and it's ended three days ago.
The concept is: 26 tracks, one for each alphabet letter and all the tracks are built for Formula One.
Now the name it's clear. I hope you'll find it funny!
More informations are in the readme of each track.
Let me know what do you think in the comment. If you'll notice any problems or just some advices i'll upload improved version:meditate:
No more to say, let's give a look to the tracks. That's the list with names and photos!
At the end there is the .rar with the downloads!
Attachments
Zentropa.jpg
Viygaiso
Viygaiso
Yacuzi
Yacuzi
Xanyon
Xanyon
Uponill
Uponill
Torrefiume
Torrefiume
Seasons Park
Seasons Park
Red River
Red River
Quiet Park
Quiet Park
Posillipo and Wirgiliano
Posillipo and Wirgiliano
Oculus
Oculus
Niubbo
Niubbo
Mid Mario's
Mid Mario's
Lil Mario's
Lil Mario's
Kalewhite
Kalewhite
Jeastring
Jeastring
Infrabosco
Infrabosco
Hilly Glade
Hilly Glade
Giga Mario's
Giga Mario's
Fawn
Fawn
Ethiopia
Ethiopia
Dive Ring
Dive Ring
Craters
Craters
Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon
Augrion Lake
Augrion Lake
All For One.rar
(778.76 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [tpk] [cir] [mic] [oth] All For One (Letters)

Post by TuomoH »

:wow: What a pack! I had to take some time to test all of them, both hotlapping and racing. Finally I have something to say.

First some overall things: The AI (original Formula) is usually quite nice but does have some problems in one place in many tracks. Many tracks have “strange” surfaces for the pits, not sure if I like it. Reversed starting positions still annoy me (I know we’ve talked about this before ;) ). For tracks that have reversed directions, I tested some and liked the original direction more so didn’t bother to test all the reversed ones. However, I noticed that for some of them you forgot to rotate the pits. :!:
  • Augrion Lake – I like the oil spill. I feel the bottom left corner is too empty. One of the best tracks, I like the flow of the track.
  • Blue Lagoon – Has a bit of a problem with the layout crammed into a box but the first half flows nicely. There’s the bridge bug at bridge#2. I like the atmosphere.
  • Craters – Even though you say it’s a joke, I quite liked this. I’ve always liked tracks with a crossing and this has a nice old-school vibe to it.
  • Dive Ring – Ugh, I’m not a fan of underwater driving. :D Seems like a track you didn’t spend that much time on.
  • Ethiophia – The second half with all those bankings is so much fun to drive! Visually it works too, even though I would’ve expected spectators also in the right side of the track.
  • Fawn – A classic 2004-style track, one of the best in the pack. I also enjoy the nature, and the track is fun to drive too.
  • Giga Mario’s – This wasn’t so interesting to me, it felt a bit boring both driving-wise and by the looks. I did like your usual style of obscuring parts of the track with the trees, though.
  • Hilly Glade – I like the visual style, good dithering too. The POV makes it a bit hard drive but that doesn’t matter as the feel is quite good. I like the bumps on the road.
  • Infrabosco – I think racing is more fun than hotlapping here. Good job with the flowers but the bottom part outside of the track feels a bit empty. But what is that traffic sign warning? :D
  • Jeastring – I think you being bored feels to me as well. :D The layout is alright but I’ve never been a fan of long tracks either.
  • Kalewhite – The hmap is quite alright but this track has two things I’m not a fan of – a box-like layout and a chicane you can straightline. :D I think you tried to experiment with the looks but to me all the white is a bit strange as the track tries to be a basic [cir] otherwise.
  • Lil Mario’s – I like the clean looks of the track, the red borders and the minimalistic object placement work. Simple but fun.
  • Mid Mario’s – Driving feels good here, and the jump is really precisely done. The hmap works in other parts, too.
  • Niubbo – At first I was disappointed looking at the track (and reading it was made in 8 minutes) but after I race I must say it is indeed a success. The hmap works well. Of course it could look better, much better, but this is straight back to 2002!
  • Oculus – I actually LOL’d when I saw this. It’s cool, I love these kinds of strange tracks. The racing is tight too. Even though I haven’t watched much anime and haven’t seen any NGE, this is one of my favorites of the pack!
  • Posillipo – This is maybe the best track of the pack and I think it would’ve deserved a separate release! Good job with all those details. The only thing I don’t like is the POV, too much is obscured, and especially on the first lap of a race, one can really get lost with all the AI bumping into you and each other.
  • Quiet Park – Or is it Quiet Place as the readme claims? ;) The idea is very nice but the AI gets stuck way too often. I like the atmosphere but racing-wise this isn’t a track for me.
  • Red River – Ah, a classic TE track. The flow is good, and it looks alright. The mud/gravel path is a bit sloppy, though.
  • Rego – Hey, a hidden track! Is this here on purpose? Thumbs up for the updated looks.
  • Seasons Park – I got the concept even without the readme and thought it’s a fun idea. It is definitely one of the best tracks. It looks cool, I like the bit angular style. Also, it’s fun to drive.
  • Torrefiume – This one battles for the best track with Posillipo. It’s absolutely great to drive, good job with the hmap, dithering, and those stones!
  • Uponill – Definitely one the best tracks of the pack. It’s a blast to drive, great hmap and good flow. Another old school TE track. I’m not usually a fan of adding another surface on tarmac circuits but here the bit of gravel works great.
  • Viygaiso – If I see correctly, you’ve added sunken tyres to the chicane since the last update. I think that’s a good decision. The update corrected many things from the original.
  • Wirgiliano – It’s a fun idea but as I usually keep just one version of a track, I’ll stick with the usual [roa]. :D
  • Xanyon – I like this visually, all the stones with some sunken tyres, and the double lines, cool artistic feature. It’s also fun to hotlap. However, argh – an AI pushed me off the track and because of this I missed a lap. :(
  • Yacuzi – It’s great that you experiment with different ideas! I like the concept with the whirlpool, crossing, and oil in places but somehow the track itself isn’t my cup of tea.
  • Zentropa – This track is alright, and the long curve is much fun. Even with the readme, it actually doesn’t seem to be from a different time!
Overall, it’s a fun pack, and it warms my heart to see someone has put this much effort into our beloved game! Maybe now you can concentrate on individual tracks and make even better new ones. :)
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

That's a really cool trackpack! Many of the tracks are creative and unconventional, I like that. I love the old-school aesthetic, reminds me of simpler times. Many of the tracks are a bit rough around the edges, so to say, but that's also part of the charm.

One thing that I'm not that much into is the more extreme POVs. It makes driving more difficult in an unnecessary way, and sometimes there is a lot of sky visible which I've always kind of disliked. But they do also bring some positives, however, I feel that in some tracks it's too much :sweatdrop:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Wow! Thanks for feedbacking!
AleksiNir wrote: I love the old-school aesthetic, reminds me of simpler times.
Yes, that's is what i like most. I prefer a simpler approach to the track. I've tried to do something more elaborate but i've found out that i've not enough patience to do that :D :D :D
AleksiNir wrote: I feel that in some tracks it's too muc
Uhm, i would like to know which tracks :read: . Consider that i play with resolution 1920x1080, i don't know if you use another resolution and that's why some POV are distorted. Let me know! Moreover, which are the track with problems!

About, you, Tuomo, wow! You reviewed all the tracks ahahah
Your ideas are similar to what I think about most of the tracks. I love Augrion Lake, for istance and i was sure that it could be liked. It's a cool track. I agree with you about Blue Lagoon and Dive Ring, this one i was near to delete it. But it's not a problem about the time spent on it. It just doesn't work :vsad:
I am surprised about Craters and Oculus but okay, it's better to know that they could be liked :D :bg:
I like so much Fawn, Ethiopia, Hilly Glade and Infrabosco, i'm happy you appreciated them too. In Infrabosco, (the traffic sign warns about the green area) :flip:
I'm disappointed for Kalewhite, i thought could be better. For the three tracks of Mario, i agree with you. For Niubbo, the idea was to come back in 2002/2003. Almost all the tracks want to come back there.
Yeah, Posillipo and Torrefiume are probably the best track (in competition with Augrion Lake and Ethiopia, for me. Just a step under of them there are Seasons Park and Fawn). I had so much fun while i was building them. In fact, Jeastring gives the feeling of "boring" i had while i was making it.
About the POV of Posillipo, i didn't know how could i place it. The squared final part would have been obscured almost in every other way. So i must did a choice. Maybe just some trees and bushes less could resolve that problem. For the separate realase...wow. I'm so happy you loved it. Do you think could be a good idea to do it now anyway?
Yacuzi was just a crazy night ahhahahah
The others i haven't nominated yet are cool, but a few steps down the other. I'm surprised about Uponill :shock: It's cool, but nothing special for me.
Finally, Zentropa...yeah...is alright.
TuomoH wrote:it actually doesn’t seem to be from a different time!
Yes, this version is okay, "well" made. In the readme i referred to the old version. :lol: :lol: It was terrible!

P.S. Yeah, Rego is a ghost track. Same reason of why Viygaiso is there. :bg:

Thank you all for comment!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Danador12 wrote:About the POV of Posillipo, i didn't know how could i place it. The squared final part would have been obscured almost in every other way. So i must did a choice. Maybe just some trees and bushes less could resolve that problem. For the separate realase...wow. I'm so happy you loved it. Do you think could be a good idea to do it now anyway?
Yup, fewer trees and bushes would probably solve it. :nod: I don't know about an extra release, though. Maybe instead finish your Kelwer saga. :mrgreen:
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

TuomoH wrote:Yup, fewer trees and bushes would probably solve it.
Uh, well. I'll solve it, sooner or later :meditate:
TuomoH wrote:finish your Kelwer saga.
Yeah, of course. I stayed long time with a layout i didn't liked. In the last days, something changes... :stir: :stir:
The release date is not so far as it was last week, but it still needs some time :headbang: :shhh:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Great Effort, Danador! :bg: When I saw Mid Mario's track for the first time, I was like: "Hold on a minute, did just somebody steal my track and modified it?" It looks like more General-ish version of mine Mario track I uploaded here a few years ago. :D
Your looks much much better tho. :clap:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Oh! Thank you for the kind words FRUKI! :rainbow: :goodvibes: For Mid Mario's :shock: :shock: no no, i would never have stole anything from others. If something it's similar it's just a coincidence. In fact now i'm curious to see your Minie Mario! Can you link it?
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Danador12 wrote:In fact now i'm curious to see your Minie Mario! Can you link it?
Sure thing! Here you are. :bsmile:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

FRUKIScze wrote:Here you are.
Oh Wow! I Think we used the same jpg to take the layout :lol: :lol:
I'm so sorry that you could think i've copied it. If i knew it, i wouldn't have made it! :doh: