[ovl] [cir] Arundel

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ovl] [cir] Arundel

Post by Crowella »

(Arundel, not Arundle, because I can see this being misspelled, so this will help search) :shhh:

Yeah, so I thought that a particular real circuit would be next but the creative bug hit, as well as necessity so I've made Arundel a fictional oval/roval/circuit. Just think what Tilke would do if he got hold of an old oval, I guess?

AI is for Formula. Contains both layouts as well as an additional layout for the upcoming GRASCAR competition, suitable for those cars.

Enjoy! Comment as well your thoughts, always happy to hear. :D
Attachments
Arundel.zip
(243.75 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
arundel_lg.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ovl] [cir] Arundel

Post by Black Rebel »

Oh la la! Just love it!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

You made a nice track there. Yes, the AI is competitive (I had a hard time especially on the infield course). I really like the shape of the track, although there's not much variation you can do with an oval, I can't remember ever having seen an oval shaped like this.
I have some minor remarks (but it can also be up to personal taste):
- the color scheme doesn't work for me. Especially as you framed everything with white lines, it sort of blends over the yellow and ice color
- I'm not sure why you stacked so many stands on the upper part of the grandstand, but I think it doesn't look that good
- I can see why you did this (and you also did it in your past tracks), but a track like this doesn't work for me with empty parking slots... :shhh:

Nevertheless, it's a very good track
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Thanks once again for even the minor remarks! I knew the colour scheme wouldn't be everyone's taste, I really just wanted to do something different. As for the stands, that's mostly due to the curve and trying to hide the clunky curve stands, *I should have fixed that up a bit* and yes, the parking lot, I should try to really paint my LMap cars :rofl:

Thank you so much! Just wanted an oval with some variety. :D
View my archived circuits/cars here
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Very nice work. I like both layouts, which is rare for me. :) I like the graphical style but I'm not a fan of the gates over the stand or the stacked small office blocks. That doesn't matter when I'm racing, though. :D The AI is indeed competetive, but fortunately they open the door just a little bit in the first oval corner - usually GR ovals are quite boring with the original Formula. Another great work from you. :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Your use of objects continues to be amazing, the level of detail is astonishing :shock: