[tpk] [evo] [ral] [stc] V'Lage

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] [evo] [ral] [stc] V'Lage

Post by TuomoH »

V'Lage is the second evolution project I created earlier this year.

Again, I started by making a nature scene. Next, I added houses one by one in an organic fashion to create a village with sand roads. When the village was finished, I had the 1961 version of the track, a narrow [ral] course for General. Then, I paved the road with tarmac to create the 1976 version, a [roa] course for Formula. Finally, I made the village a bit more modern, reversed the driving direction and added an extra road for the [stc] version of 1993 for Formula.

As a bonus, there's also an offroad version for General, as well as the starting point, the pure nature scene with no checkpoints or AI line.

As usual for my latest tracks, these were 100% made in Track Editor.

Hope you enjoy and please comment. :cool2:
Attachments
v'lage.jpg
v'lage.zip
(76 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [tpk] [evo] [ral] [stc] V'Lage

Post by TuomoH »

Here's an animation showing the progress of the track.
Attachments
v'lage_evolution.gif
v'lage_evolution.gif (1.68 MiB) Viewed 2163 times
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Alright, finally dedided to sink my teeth into these :D

Huge fan of both the '93 and the offroad versions! :bg: I like the layout when it's clockwise but it's fun to have both directions in some form.

It's pretty narrow, which is terrifying especially in the older variants but after a few laps when you're just hunting down AI it feels right, it's really good to focus hard on getting good lines. The HMap, is really fun. :D I struggle to nail a consistent good lap in but it feels great when I can tame it.

It's fun as always! Gives me a good throwback to playing GR for the first time, it's exciting! I know it's not a visual masterpiece but they're definitely fun.

Also side note, the houses are evil! Those damn doorways :tired:
View my archived circuits/cars here
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I also had a really quick go at the tracks, but without AIs.
Yes, the doorways are indeed evil :) I'm a bit bothered by the houses which don't "stay" at the same place. The 1961 has a smaller WS than the 1976, and at least two houses are different in 1993, compared to 1976. It doesn't bother me per se that the track is a bit wider in the newer versions, but it's not an organic development :D I was curious about the cause, because the 1961 feels a lot more difficult/"tight".
I think the 1976 version is most fun!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, guys. :)
Crowella wrote: It's pretty narrow, which is terrifying especially in the older variants but after a few laps when you're just hunting down AI it feels right, it's really good to focus hard on getting good lines. The HMap, is really fun. :D I struggle to nail a consistent good lap in but it feels great when I can tame it.
Yeah, they are pretty narrow. When one makes a track, it's so easy to become used to it by constant testing so they aren't definitely the easiest to drive in the beginning.
Also side note, the houses are evil! Those damn doorways :tired:
They are, aren't they? :misch:
XYY wrote:I'm a bit bothered by the houses which don't "stay" at the same place. The 1961 has a smaller WS than the 1976, and at least two houses are different in 1993, compared to 1976. It doesn't bother me per se that the track is a bit wider in the newer versions, but it's not an organic development :D I was curious about the cause, because the 1961 feels a lot more difficult/"tight".
You're right in the sense that it's not 100% organic. Those houses that moved a bit weren't originally in the right place. :D And yes, I had to change the WS. Originally, I made the terrain in WS135 but it felt too small for the rally so I switched to WS140. Then, when I added tarmac, even that was too tight so I switched to WS150. But instead of staying 100% organic, I wanted to compromise for a bit of more playability. :)

It's great that you guys prefer different versions of the track. :)

Other comments?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

The older couple of iterations didn't offer much for me in terms of gameplay and I was ready to give up on this trackpack, but once we got onto tarmac I really liked it. The tricky hmap, narrow road and houses and slower surfaces very nearby kept me on my toes :drive:

When it comes to visuals, I support the TEOism movement with all my heart. The past few days and particularly this evening I've been nostalgia tripping seriously hard about GR, and nothing fuels it more than TE only aesthetics :goodvibes:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like most the 1993 version. :scratch: Regardless your current style your stcs are always top! :up:

Just a question. With booths and officeblocks you don't hesitate to do complex constructions, but houses you use for a reason in a uniform way, why?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot for the comments, Aleksi and Ivo. :) The '93 is my favorite version too.
Trigger Happy wrote:Just a question. With booths and officeblocks you don't hesitate to do complex constructions, but houses you use for a reason in a uniform way, why?
I've never really liked how the houses look like when they are combined apart from some very basic constructions. Maybe I could've used something here but didn't just think about it. :scratch: