[tpk] [cir] [ovl] [roa] WT Canada, Sweden and USA Updates

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[tpk] [cir] [ovl] [roa] WT Canada, Sweden and USA Updates

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello!

Lately I redownloaded updates of original GeneRally tracks available here and regardless all the past efforts I found couple of tracks had no update satisfying me (either visually or gameplay). So I tried to make some, they all are from World Tour set - Canada, Sweden and USA, the last one has a GRASCAR alt. version too. They follow the rules of last Original Track Update Project 2010.

My thanks goes to James for quick reply with approval of public sharing it here. :bg:

Enjoy! :drive:

If you're searching for more similar, look also at Original Track Update Project 2005 and World Tour Track Update Project 2006. :shhh:
Attachments
CAN-SWE-USA.zip
(297.31 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
USA 2021.png
Sweden 2021.png
Canada 2021.png
aliman

Re: [tpk] [cir] [ovl] [roa] WT Canada, Sweden and USA Updates

Post by aliman »

Very nice! I think we all have sort of a soft spot for these original tracks. :) So I wouldn't mind you updating more of them. ;) The original Indonesia, or actually the 2010 update versions, are some of my favorite tracks of all time!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I appreciate how these tracks are faithful to the spirit of the original versions, great job :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thank you, guys. :bsmile: Yes, Indonesia is a diamond, in fact personally I prefer scala's 2006 version. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I have to second Aleksi's thoughts. These tracks really keep the spirit of the game but make them fresher. My favorite is Canada which has an amazing flow. I've always thought USA is one the funniest ovals so it's great to have this version too. And the AI works like a charm for each of these tracks. Good job. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

It's great to see you around again, Ivo :) I'd also like to comment on these tracks. I agree with TuomoH, my favourite is also the Canada track. While it's the most illogical (in sense of a track that could exist like this in real life), it has the best atmosphere and is a very neat update of the original track. I also like the USA a lot. Only Sweden does, on a very high level, not feel like Sweden. It's a great track and the road markings are swedish, but the dithering is maybe a little bit too sandy and the surroundings seem too "developed" (too many houses, plus all of the three streets are major ones and are in a good condition). But nevertheless it's a great track. Thanks for these updates :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

About Sweden, I had image of rather south coast in my mind. If you expected something more closer to endless emptyness of arctic tundra, I'm sorry. But I wouldn't mind you'd take it as motivation to make another update version. :yummy: