[cir] Mujisan

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Mujisan

Post by AleksiNir »

Here's another one!

After there were so many fictional tracks based on real-life tracks being posted recently, I wanted to make one myself. This one is based on Fuji Speedway, more specifically the slightly older layout. And since the layout was a bit older, I decided to give the track a somewhat historic look, as well. The track doesn't really share anything with the real-life track apart from the layout and the mountain. The real-life track is located, as its name suggests, near Mount Fuji (aka Fujisan), and I wanted to include this famous landmark in this track, too, even though it's not possible to make it appear quite as venerable in-game as it is in real life. :mrgreen: And I don't think I was able to get the mountain to look that good anyway, but I think it's acceptable.

The track and the AI are designed for original Formula. There are separate versions for widescreen resolutions (16:9 and 16:10) and 4:3 resolutions, and this time they both work fine, although the widescreen one is slightly better. :)

I hope you'll enjoy this track and please let me know how you feel about it! cheerleader:
Attachments
Mujisan.PNG
Mujisan.zip
(139.19 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Txizzle

Re: [cir] Mujisan

Post by Txizzle »

Loving the textures, how it looks. With the car-set i run this is bound to be very competative racing. :P
To finish first, first you have to finish!
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

It really looks like Fuji, not gonna lie :lol:
It's.. Like an piece of art? I don't know how to describe it. Lmap is simply perfect, with objects making whole track complete. It's a masterpiece!
ALL TRACKS
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Beautiful little track!
I like the small details like the wall with the fence in the bottom-right corner.
It looks very japanese in some way.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Thanks guys :)

The bottom-right area was inspired by rural landscapes seen e.g. in the movie My Neighbor Totoro. For the rest of it, I wasn't trying to make it seem Japanese, but if it does look like that, I guess that's a good thing :P

Any thoughts on drivability? :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Another wonderful track from you! In the first laps it's very challenging but once you start to get hang of it, it becomes very enjoyable. It definitely has that Japanese feel. :meditate: I can't say anything about the AI since it took about 6 laps before I knew what to do and they were way ahead of me already. :mrgreen: More, please!