[cir] Eleron

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Eleron

Post by Trigger Happy »

Hello. :wave:

Eleron is a mid-sized modern circuit with wide safe runoffs, the layout will make your left front tyre cry very soon. :twisted:

The zip contains versions for widescreen and 4:3 resolutions.

Enjoy. :flip:
Attachments
Eleron.zip
(172.37 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Eleron.PNG
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Eleron

Post by AleksiNir »

What an excellent hmap, it's like a gentle, pleasant rollercoaster :goodvibes: And the layout is balanced masterfully and there's a great flow. It's truly a top quality track in these regards.

A brave decision to use soft walls, but I think it's better this way than it would be with hay bales. My main issue is with the dithering... I find it too homogeneous, particularly in the tarmac and the runoffs. Also in the grassy areas, the dithering, dare I say, lacks character? Well, regardless, the track is very easy on the eye. Great job! :up:
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

Hmap: 5/5! As Aleksi said: It´s like a rollercoaster. Big elevation changes and still perfectly driveable.
Lmap: 5/5! Great attention to detail. Perfect angle of the lmap objects.
Overall: 5/5! Perfect object placement. The AI is very competitive.

The only thing I don´t like are all the soft walls. I just don´t like the look of them. I would have preferred haybails or plain concrete walls. But that´s just my taste.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thanks for feedback, guys, glad to hear you're enjoying the ride. :)

Since beginning I wished to use the soft walls here, I was trying to find a balance to make their use bearable. Not only in amount located soft walls around the map, but also in remaining content somehow supporting them (that's why the border dust and gravel in sand traps, grey in grass dithering, kerb colours or very little of blue booths and black/brown houses instead). In any case I was aware it's a controversial object and the result won't be make every each of us happy anyway. :scratch:

And the tarmac surface, I reworked it from scratch 4 times until I was satisfied, I thought it's bit better one than dithering on Sweden and Canada updates. :frying pan:
MotoPunk

Post by MotoPunk »

I agree with everyone else here, it is a very smooth track to drive with an excellent layout

I think the problem with the soft walls here is how much the red pops. Working more booths in and less dithering in the grass would help add some more color overall to offset the red. Or you could have gone crazy and added even more soft walls :taped: :twisted:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

As others have said, this flows nicely. The AI is great and the visuals work. I don't have a beef with the red walls, they blend in well when you're racing. Good job, more please. :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Eleron...? I read Elon first :D
I agree, it's a very fast and flowing track. It's funny, I think it drives "too easy", it doesn't punish you a lot for mistakes, but still, I didn't manage to finish first :mrgreen: I don't have a problem with the soft walls per se, but I think some of the runoffs are pretty useless / unneccessarily big, like the whole area after the turn in the bottom-left. Although it doesn't really fit to a track which is "this modern", I think it would be a lot cooler if the walls were really close around the track in the loong smooth right handers after the bottom left corner. This way you could have also reduced some of the soft walls, which really strike my eye in that area, as they are "unneccessarily long" in an area where they probably never come to use. On the other hand, the runoff area in the top-right is pretty small, although the cars almost have got top speed when they get there - it doesn't make so much sense to me... : :pillepalle:
The scenery is awesome in my eyes, it's just a perfect mix, doesn't look too crowded or sophisticated, I really like it. Even the trees are placed in such a good way that you can clearly distinct one from another, yet they are close enough to each other (maybe the low view angle also helps here? :scratch: )
Certainly it's another great track from you :bg: