[roa] Lonkero

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[roa] Lonkero

Post by TuomoH »

My latest Track Editor Only track is a long and winding road course. As this type of track is not usual for me, it ended up being the second longest ever. The AI has been designed for the original Formula.

Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :cool2:
Attachments
lonkero.jpg
lonkero.zip
(24.46 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
RudyOosterndijk

Re: [roa] Lonkero

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Look, I'm a simple man. I see Lonkero. I click. Cheers! :champa:

So what can I say about the track? The strategic placement of some of the obstacles is good. And at no time I felt frustrated because I could always see them coming. ... but then I still crashed right into them. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Haha, so my naming scheme worked. :misch: ;) Nice to hear that the obstacles work, it's not usual for [roa] to have them. :)

Other comments?
MotoPunk

Post by MotoPunk »

Opened thread and read Rudy's comment about the obstacle. loaded track and immediately hit the obstacle. Some of those homeowners may also want to up their insurance...
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Haha, so it's a dangerous track I see. :mrgreen: I'm not sure what the insurance companies think of this village. :scratch:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

What does lonkero actually mean? I read that it's an alcoholic beverage?
Anyway, I think this track is funny. It looks like one of those 2000's videogames' tracks, where the developers wanted to make a course on public streets, but forgot that there is more than just one street and completely forgot about intersections and so on :mrgreen: Also the sort of "we're going to try to model all kinds of objects into one track to see how it works out" :D I actually like the track quite a lot, because it seems to be quite unique to me to have the objects placed so randomly (yet not completely randomly) and to have such a big variation of styles within one track. And the "famous" boat objects are also back :goal: what are they meant to be this time? ;)
When driving against the AI, I flew off into the doorways at the top-left and then my ambitions for a good position were gone... :shhh:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

XYY wrote:What does lonkero actually mean? I read that it's an alcoholic beverage?
Yes, it's a type of alcoholic beverage but it also means a tentacle. The WIP name was "Longy" so that became Lonkero.
It looks like one of those 2000's videogames' tracks, where the developers wanted to make a course on public streets, but forgot that there is more than just one street and completely forgot about intersections and so on :mrgreen: Also the sort of "we're going to try to model all kinds of objects into one track to see how it works out" :D
Haha, that's pretty much what happened. :mrgreen:
And the "famous" boat objects are also back :goal: what are they meant to be this time? ;)
Always a fountain/sculpture. ;)

Thanks a lot, XYY. :) Other comments?