[ral] Mutakatu

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Mutakatu

Post by TuomoH »

I had this Track Editor Only track from 2016 waiting for the AI line and finally I got to it. It's a track situated in a town with a bumpy mud section. The AI is not perfect but with tight races it's reasonable enough. The AI has been designed for the original General.

As usual, hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :cool2:
Attachments
mutakatu.jpg
mutakatu.zip
(12.45 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Mutakatu

Post by XYY »

This is a fun littly circuit, which quite reminds me of the "RollCage" game - not visually, but regarding the gameplay. (maybe the General also helps this impression, RollCage cars also had massive wheels and were sort of "open wheel" cars). There are tons of obstacles which are placed just at the right (or wrong?) place, like the big wall on the left, the round booth the hay-bale and "roadwork" on the right or the ridiculously sharp corner in bottom-right with the walls of the bridges so close to each other. Anyway, I managed to hit not a single of them in my race and was surprised each lap by how good I made it through :goodvibes: Although the track is like an oval, it doesn't feel boring at all.
I'm not quite convinced of the bump after the first corner, I think this track doesn't want to be 100% realistic, but that bump just seems so off... Maybe it would also need a little more "illustration" (like a crack in the pavement, I'm sure you know better than I what is possible with TE, maybe an "oil" crack around which you carefully draw with tarmac over and over again, or maybe even a white line)? Now this looks very plain.
Also I might have liked a little more detail on the tarmac plaza at the top-right, road markings, a nice texture, whatever? But it seems you wanted to keep it simple again?
I really appreciate the office block building at the top right, when you think you've seen it all, there comes TuomoH and places office blocks of different height "over" each other - simple, but very good looking :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ral] Mutakatu

Post by TuomoH »

Rollcage, that brings me memories. Used to play Rollcage Stage 2 a lot, especially the football minigame with a friend. :D
XYY wrote:I'm not quite convinced of the bump after the first corner, I think this track doesn't want to be 100% realistic, but that bump just seems so off... Maybe it would also need a little more "illustration" (like a crack in the pavement, I'm sure you know better than I what is possible with TE, maybe an "oil" crack around which you carefully draw with tarmac over and over again, or maybe even a white line)? Now this looks very plain.
As I mentioned, this is from 2016 and I'm not sure what was the reason for that bump. Didn't want to touch the lmap now that I came back to it. The same goes for the tarmac plaza, this was done in a wave of five tracks where I didn't use any road markings.

Cool that the building worked well. :) Thanks for your comments, XYY!

Other comments?