[ovl] Tech-1 Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ovl] Tech-1 Raceway

Post by CamrosX »

:cflag:
short oval with 4 unique turns and flat banking
Attachments
Tech1Raceway.zip
(15.44 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
tech1raceway.png
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ovl] Tech-1 Raceway

Post by XYY »

Hmm... This track is as unique as its four corners. I'm a little bit confused. What is the yellow line indicating? certainly not the inside of the corners... :shhh: Don't you think it's a little brutal to have such a narrow track framed by concrete walls? :misch:

To be honest, the track looks a little bit unfinished to me. Especially the infield looks like it was made with little care, the road markings don't really "lead" to the parking slots and while the (boat/booth) trucks give "old old school" vibes, it's a little bit sad that you also have so many parking slots which remain empty. Maybe it would have been better to make them a bit bigger and also add "old old school" cars with objects like sunk tyres and different wall types? :scratch:
I'm afraid the 3d tunnel doesn't work visually. It looks more like a tent on the infield and like a white area on the outside.
In detail the objects are placed a bit grubby, like the concrete post wall in the bottom left or the round building which isn't quite exactly round.

However I like the checkered "winner's court" and the drift arey. Also the grass seems to be carefully mown, despite that there are plants just in the way of the lawnmower, which don't seem to matter... :D I tested the track with a full field of Formulas and it was pretty easy to beat them.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I have the opposite feeling to XYY - to me, this is the better of the two ovals. The unique corners make this interesting, it's like like a circuit that happens to have just left turns. It's true that the infield could be more interesting but it doesn't matter when racing. A have to second the opinion about the 3d tunnel, it doesn't work. The AI could be a bit better but as long as you're in traffic, you need to be on your toes. Finally, racing feels good and that's what matters the most. :)
General Ly

Post by General Ly »

The problem with this track is: The fastest way is through the pit lane. ;)