[ovl] Emerald Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ovl] Emerald Raceway

Post by CamrosX »

A double quad-oval thought up in collaboration with Landon Cassill (nascar driver)
:greenfg:
Attachments
Emerald.zip
(66.9 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
emeraldroval.png
EmeraldOval.png
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ovl] Emerald Raceway

Post by XYY »

This is quite different from the other track which you lately published. Actually it seems like most of the track has been made more carefully, yet there are a few areas which were completely ignored by you (the scenery around the track). The infield is really lovely :love: and it also looks quite realistic.
Regarding how the tracks drive, I felt the oval was very boring to drive. Reducing the World Size by 20 - 30 % would have probably made this a lot more interesting. The roval is a lot more interesting. In general, I think it's okay for a roval like this if the track width is a little bit inconsistent, and I also like that it's inconsistent at this track, but maybe you could have been a little more careful with some of those lines... :shhh: The two story stand doesn't work so good here as it did on the other track.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [ovl] Emerald Raceway

Post by TuomoH »

The shape is interesting but driving is boring, at least with Formulas. It'd be good to have sunk tyres inside the oval, now one can drive quite low on the corners. Doubled with the weak AI I think this is a flaw. Roval is a bit better but visually, I'm afraid the roval looks sloppy with regard to the kerbs and lines. Other than that, I do like how the track looks. However, I'm afraid that this one didn't work for me. :shrug: