[stu] [oth] HardPort

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[stu] [oth] HardPort

Post by TuomoH »

One of the rarest track types in the history of GeneRally is a hardcore stunt track. How rare, you ask? To my knowledge, this is the fifth hardcore track ever. The goal of such track is simple: set distance to 1 lap, use no AI, try to get to finish. Of course, the track itself is so hard that most of the attempts end up early. In fact, during practice it's wise to use save/load since otherwise you rarely get to practice the last bits. Use General.

In the zip, there are two versions. HardPort.trk is for 4:3 resolutions, HardPort169.trk for the wide resolutions.

Hope you enjoy (or maybe you won't :misch:) and please leave a comment. :cool2:
Attachments
hardport.jpg
hardport.zip
(25 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] [oth] HardPort

Post by XYY »

Well, with some savegames, I was able to make it, actually :) It took me some tries and like 1,5 minutes total race time. I think especially the stones at the beginning and the booths with increasing distance are evil, whereas I found the 1 - 2 - 3 sunktyre jump-pads rather easy. visually it looks good and reminds me of some of your older stunt tracks, but I think I won't try the challenge again... :mrgreen: I don't even know if I ever finished the other hardcore tracks out there, I clearly remember soundgarden, though... :rolleyes:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [stu] [oth] HardPort

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for your comment. :) I think the evil booths are the most difficult part and jump pads maybe the easiest. And I certainly never finished any other hardcore track. :D