[cir] Rijr - a one-hour track

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Rijr - a one-hour track

Post by TuomoH »

When I commented elsewhere that I haven't made a time-pressurized track in years, I suddenly felt the urge to make one. I decided to make no plans and had no relevant programs open. I set 60 minutes to my phone's timer and clicked start. Very soon I remembered the stress this kind of method brings! The time was flying and I had so much to do. :scared: However, when the timer started ringing, I had done everything and was surprised how nice it seemed. The only edit I did afterwards was adding the author name and web site address. The AI isn't perfect since I didn't have time to test it. I would say that it's still decent with the original Formula.

Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :cool2:
Attachments
rijr.jpg
rijr.zip
(33.38 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
YoNnie

Re: [cir] Rijr - a one-hour track

Post by YoNnie »

Well, that idea of One Hour Track (OHT) is really interesting. And TBH it looks really really good, I mean by putting much more time it won't give so much more effect to make this track a lot better. If you'd have 2 hours, maybe some object placement or AI or lmap corrections would work but it's not necessary. It even looks better that my tracks which I'm making by half a year :weep:
ALL TRACKS
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

This is a neat little track, and I think visually it's much more of a unit than your other 1 hour track :bg: it's simply a small circuit in the middle of nowhere, the only thing that seems to bother me are those huge grandstands which look a little bit out of place. Apart from that the track has got a great flow, the AIs are strong, but beatable. I like this one, it's very simple, yet cleanly built :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the comments, guys. :)
YoNnie wrote:It even looks better that my tracks which I'm making by half a year :weep:
Don't worry too much about it. :) This is where my almost 300 tracks pay off - I have so much practice in all parts of trackmaking that many things just flow without thinking too much.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Yeah, you clearly inspired me with this one. 😁 The look of it appears much better than the hour time limit suggests, which shows you got the craft down well 😁

The racing here is an absolute ton of fun, good old classic GR style action. The HMap is deceptive as always but so thrilling to get right. The AI could be better, but it is reasonably good especially given the time crunch.

The only issue I had was I think I hit the limiter twice when AI punted me into the corner of the pit wall on entry. Didn't realise there were limiters until I was out 😂
View my archived circuits/cars here
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks, mate. :) Regarding that limiter: only now I realize how I should've drawn it - I guess I was in too much of a hurry to think straight. :D
Genetleman
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Genetleman »

Looks very good, I could not have done that in one hour!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Need more X tracks and cars? Check out
http://genetleman.jimdo.com and / or http://jolly.yoll.net

MBX6-T driver