[cir] Telmer

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Danador12

[cir] Telmer

Post by Danador12 »

Hooooooow long guys!
I'm back with a new track! :D (Several are work in progress, but i believe they will be online after August)
Anyway, next track is "Telmer". It's a tricky track settled along a forest, as usual for my tracks. Several up and down zones.
Be aware after Turn 3, the straight is cutted by a chicane, to take it correctly you must be extremely on the left, cut the chicane and, obviously, avoid the hay bale. Be aware, if you are too much on the left while entering the chicane, the car will be on the grass and you will not brake correctly in the chicane. The other turns are tricky, but Turn 4 and 5 are the hardest.
No other words needed, i hope you'll enjoy racing in Telmer!
Attachments
Telmer.jpg
Telmer.rar
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
enderracer

Re: [cir] Telmer

Post by enderracer »

Looks nice! INteresting pit stop! Will try it in coming days. Keep it up!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Hmm, when I compare this track to the last tracks you made, I think it's a step back, at least visually. :shrug: It looks like you've made the track only with the default Track editor, and it's showing. In my opinion this is the perfect example why "rookie" trackmakers often get comments to use external tools to make the tracks look better. Yes, some people (lately e.g. TuomoH) have shown that it's possible to make great looking tracks with only the TE, but it takes some skill or patience or whatever... You on the other hand haven't been so patient in my eyes... Those kerbs with the white lines behind them are sloppily made, the entire pit area doesn't really have a good structure in my eyes. The scenery especially at the top-right is a bit dull and unrealistic (why would a visitor want to pay for a ticket on that grandstand in the middle of nowhere). At some other places (e.g. the concrete walls) the object placement is a little bit sloppy... :shhh: The racing is quite fun, although I think that the soft walls in the chicane (or generally speaking on the inside of a corner) are never a good idea, since it's so easy to get stuck there and completely kill the flow and disturb the race. The AI line is strong and I'd advise everyone to stay the f**k away from the AIs in the second corner - I always got pushed to the outside by them. But I think the AI level is just right, with some practice you can beat them, but they don't excuse many mistakes.
Danador12

Post by Danador12 »

Thank you for the feedbacks! In particular XYY, constructive criticisms are always appreciated!
I agree with you, this is not my best track. It has less work than other tracks, my intention was to give to the community a new track during a period i've noticed new tracks weren't published. For the external editor, in other places i've told that i don't love them, obviously sometimes i use them, often for little details, because i'm not a true fan of them. I know my best results were due to external editor, in my mind Telmer is a coming-back on the forum with few experiments. I'll keep pushing, even Telmer is a step of my course. :bg:
For the Turn 2, oh, good to know you have the same problem :D :D