[rwl] [cir] Wanneroo / Barbagallo Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Wanneroo / Barbagallo Raceway

Post by Crowella »

I threw this together both quicker and slower than I expected :sweatdrop: Australian circuit located in Western Australia used for Supercars and a lot of club events. Not the most exciting of layouts but provides some very close GR racing.

Included is three layouts:
Wanneroo - (Main Layout/Supercars Pits)
Wanneroo Alt - (Main Layout/Alternate Pits)
Wanneroo Sh - (Short Layout)

AI is for Formula as you most likely guessed. Feel free to comment and enjoy :bg:

Note: There's always small notes, but I don't intend to make the "bikes" layout for this circuit which was added in 2019. Maybe in the future, but I feel like it's real life use is so minimal and in GR perhaps even more so.
Attachments
wanneroo.jpg
Wanneroo.zip
(323.97 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
View my archived circuits/cars here
Txizzle

Re: [rwl] [cir] Wanneroo / Barbagallo Raceway

Post by Txizzle »

Nice version! I didn't know about some of the changes to version (of the track in RL) that i knew. Indeed very close racing in GR, lost championship here. xD
To finish first, first you have to finish!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Wanneroo / Barbagallo Raceway

Post by XYY »

Oooh, I remember this track very well from DTM Race Driver 3 :sweatdrop:
Well, the layout itself may not be the most thrilling as you said, but I think the hmap makes a little bit up for that, especially the wide left-hander and the backsection of the course are interesting because of the elevations :2c: But I directly have to correct myself, as I just watched an onboard video. Seems they repaved the track and took out all those little bumps which I remember from DTM Race Driver... :ouch:
I remember Black Rebel already made this updated version a few years ago, and while he used loads of landmap objects, I appreciate that you used many default objects in this track. Also, contrary to the Sugo track which you posted a few weeks ago, I think it works very well here without landmap cars since there are no tarmac parking areas with white lines around them... :)
I don't really think I have to say that visually this track is another top job, also the objects are placed very thoughtful as I would expect from you. I think the sunktyres with the oil underneath as tyre walls are also a nice touch!
I am a little bit confused by the use of invisible walls in this track. I'm not really bothered by any of them, but I was confused both when I hit the cones at the exit of the last corner, as I was confused when I hit them on the sunk tyre walls.
One minor remark, I don't quite like it that the track runs so close to the borders. Maybe it would have been better to leave 5px more on each side so that you can't actually wallbump (which I once did at the top right corner, but that wasn't my intention there...)?

Unfortunately, I think the last corner drives a bit too easily with the Formula, since I remember it being a very slow and tight turn, especially after coming from that long downhill straight. But I guess that's mainly due to the easy turning and low top speed of the Formula. The AI line is super strong, I didn't have any chance to beat them. Maybe even a bit too strong for my taste, or I was too lazy... :shhh: I'm really happy seeing you make especially those australian tracks with that great atmosphere and I also enjoy that you don't always use WS255. What's up next? (I would be really hyped to see a new version of Bathurst from you, using all the new objects, but I can see that other things might be more important for you... ;) ).