[rwl] [cir] Baskerville Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Baskerville Raceway

Post by Crowella »

Another real world circuit coming at you, with Baskerville Raceway, located in Tasmania, thus making it the first state of Australia that I've completed making all (active) circuits of. :bg:

Really quick turnaround on this one by my standards. Was playing around with the layout and fell in love with how it drives so thought it deserved a release, even with the *dire* dry backdrop of the real circuit. :scared:

One single layout included, lucky me :sweatdrop:

AI is for Formula and it's a real competitive one, even with the hilly left hander

Note: Less than world size 200, because I felt crazy :misch:
Attachments
Baskerville.zip
(107.1 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
baskerville.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Baskerville Raceway

Post by XYY »

It took me a while to master the track, but in 20 laps I managed to get from last to first place :sweatdrop: Not really sure which hilly left-hander you're talking about, but the left coner at the very top was rather unintuitive to drive for me - I took it too far to the inside thousands of times... It's a great track and I really enjoy these "small" (<WS255) rwl tracks which are at the same time very realistic. The scenery isn't the most exciting part here, but I think you did it alright :bg: One slight note (which I also posted at another track of yours), if it's not absolutely neccessary (and it wasn't neccessary here, seeing you go <WS200) I don't like the track running that close to the borders.
I'm not a huge fan of these stacked armco walls in the pit area - not sure what they are meant to be and why a single armco barrier wouldn't have done the job :shrug:
If I want to mention something very positive, I think the creek at the left looks great. Anyhow I find it strange that it disappears completely - yet I couldn't find its continuation on an aerial photo.
Also I'm a little bit surprised to see so many people there? I think it looks more like a "private" club circuit and the track doesn't look like it's ready for big events with loads of fans? :mrgreen:

btw any news about your JE track piece? :shhh:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Baskerville Raceway

Post by Crowella »

Thank you as usual for the best detailed replies, is always appreciated :D

I'm still going to push the track close to the boundaries because I like to use all the space for racing in a visual sense (I could zoom in but later versions of GR ruin that a little bit with lower view angles) . I did give it a bit more and I did check to see if the boundary walls interfere with the racing and in this case, they didn't (an error I admit with Wanneroo). :weep:

The Armco walls are meant to be signs. This will be noted, it was mostly to fill a little bit of a void. Again, that's noted :goodvibes: I'll work out something to make those look a bit more presentable :shy:

Yeah that creek not having an end was something that actually confused me too. I don't think for a moment that it's actually a drainage point going under but I can't confirm that from any photos or aerials. :shock: Which reminds me, it's actually a substantially more popular circuit than the location would suggest. For one, it's located within minutes of a major city and it hosts a lot of Australia's higher up motorsports categories, just not Supercars, purely because I think the overall population of the state warrants only one round. I did get a shock when I saw spectator numbers when looking at photos (and cars parked way beyond the hills on this track) :scared:

Thank you as always :up:

And yeah, the JE piece, maybe the next few days, it's been a challenge :scared:
View my archived circuits/cars here