[stc] Bradeco

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
aliman

[stc] Bradeco

Post by aliman »

Bradeco street circuit is quite obviously based on Monaco. Not much else to add :D. Had fun playing with the HMap doing the buildings etc.

WS 140, not sure about the AI line, works fine for the cars I use. Tell me what you think. Track was designed for resolution 1600x900 in mind. It shows a bit more than the 800x600 photo. Added for comparison.

800x600.JPG

1600x900.JPG
Bradeco.rar
(39.47 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

Have fun and tell me what you think!
aliman

Re: [stc] Bradeco

Post by aliman »

Okay, maybe I'm a bit more awake now so I can tell you more. :D

The track is basically Monaco with a couple of shortcuts. :bsmile:

The "Beau Rivage" or left part is bumpy on purpose. Find your line and stick to it. Only the bravest may overtake here. ;)

The tighter corner at the top which leads to a small straight might be Portier. Well, whatever it is stay out of the outside kerbs, they will suck you in and ruin a good flow, which is very much needed for Tabac/pool area. :up:

The buildings in the hilly part between Beau Rivage and Tabac were SO difficult to make. I hadn't tried that type of hmap work before, and the space is so confined.

The lighthouse was just a test, but turned out so good that I left it in. Same thing with the big boat. Or at least I think they look good. :D

A couple of blind apexes, but it's a street circuit so that's on purpose. Play it safe in the pool area/Rascasse. Also blind exit in the last corner/ main straight. The concrete wall isn't immediately outside the frame but it's pretty close. Maybe a car's width or half. Better play it safe :up:

Should have added poles or lights at the top of the outside of Tabac, above the rocks. Pretty much in every race I've done at least one AI flies over the rocks right in to Beau Rivage :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'm not entirely happy with the area above the tunnel. Although I'm not sure what I'd change in it. :?

The buildings in the center left area look actually nicer from the right. So if you position yourself next to the tree and stands and look at the buildings they look quite nice. Change the rotaion or look in hmap editor.
don_fifi

Post by don_fifi »

I really like it. It's like an "interpretation" of Monaco or "Monaco translated to Generally". It really drives like Monaco with the unforgiving walls and uneven and dirty track surface.

The zoom gives it a good sense of speed as well.

Oh yeah, the lighthouse is really cool.

I haven't tried it with AI but I assume they crash a lot :D
aliman

Post by aliman »

don_fifi wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:42 pm It's like an "interpretation" of Monaco or "Monaco translated to Generally".
Yes, thank you! That's exactly what I was going for, I just didn't know how to put it in words :D
enderracer

Post by enderracer »

Great work on the details and amazing fun track! Keep it up!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

This is a really lovely looking track, with obvious inspiration yet also very different. Great work!
zgr

Post by zgr »

Really smooth to drive, I like it a lot.
What really amazed me are those details in the object...
(excellent use of traffix signs for the pool, that lighthouse tho :wow: , object placement in general)

In Max' words: Simply, simply lovely! :bg:
Hello.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think you made a great step forward from the last tracks you made. This one has a really nice flow and works well together. Although it's rather narrow, after a short time I had a lot of fun driving this track, also because the AI drives good as well. They sometimes get stuck on the inside of the top corner, so maybe for the flow it would help to put those concrete posts further to the inside?
Visually it's also very nice. The Monaco reference is more than obvious here :sweatdrop: but it looks very good and I can see that you put quite some effort into the interaction of the buildings, landmap and hmap :) I'm pretty sure this is one of the greatest non-rwl tracks released this year!
If I'd have a minor remark, I think the pitlane isn't very useful here. You didn't use limiters (I approve of this because otherwise, there would probably be AI cars pushed into them and driving slowly for the rest of the race) but this just allows for shortcutting, plus it makes the first and last corner super narrow. Another minor "problem" I have is the zoom, in 16:9 the bottom wall is just not visible and I always like to know where the track ends ;) But these are really just very tiny hints on a great track :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Simply put: I love it. :yummy: It's beautiful and fun to race. Formulas work well enough, I think. We want more of your tracks! :D
aliman

Post by aliman »

Wow, thank you everyone for your comments and feedback. :goodvibes:

Raced this with some different cars and holy hell is it bumpy. :doh: I just hadn't noticed it before because I usually race with high downforce cars, so small bumps don't really matter. Turns out they weren't that small. :D Definitely didn't mean to make it that bumpy.

XYY wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 pm If I'd have a minor remark, I think the pitlane isn't very useful here. You didn't use limiters but this just allows for shortcutting, plus it makes the first and last corner super narrow. Another minor "problem" I have is the zoom, in 16:9 the bottom wall is just not visible and I always like to know where the track ends ;)

Then don't cut the corner! :D I do agree with the other point though.
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Love this track, reminds me of Mondega which is one of my favourite original GR tracks. Drives really well while being really impressive on the details. Love the object & landmap use and placement, very fun to drive :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Thump up for the top-left area, masterpiece! Surely my favourite of all yours stcs.

On other hand I agree with XYY that you sometimes neglect pit lanes, my impression is like they are not considered during creation layouts but added them much during a later stage creation?