[rwl] [cir] Sebring International Raceway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Gzehoo

[rwl] [cir] Sebring International Raceway

Post by Gzehoo »

Sebring International Raceway

I started to work on this track in 2018, and couldn't find any time to finish it... until today! :D

Even if it's not the best version of this track, I decided to not resign.

Cheers :wave:
Attachments
Sebring.png
Sebring.zip
(187.16 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Txizzle

Re: [rwl] [cir] Sebring International Raceway

Post by Txizzle »

For one that you claim isn't the best.....it's still a damn nice version. Gonna have a run on it now. :D
To finish first, first you have to finish!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Sebring International Raceway

Post by XYY »

You know it by yourself, why don't you try to improve this track to bring it from "acceptable" to "great"?
I think it doesn't need so much. Of course there are many details here and there which could be edited, but I think the biggest improvement would be a rework of the tarmac structure. For a reference, you can take a look at Halama's version. Now it takes some creativity to know that the track runs on an airfield, but if you recreate this concrete block structure, it will help a lot for the track's atmosphere. Also I'm a bit sad that the kerbs are red-white, because if I'm informed correctly they should be blue-white, and I guess you'll agree that both ice-white and black-white would come closer. The kerbs themselves also look quite sloppily made, I don't know what has happened there? Apart from that, the scenery seems to be pretty much spot on, but as I said it's missing some details.
Also I'm a little bit disappointed by the grass dithering, it looks quite dull and you could have improved it a lot if you had used more border color (Sand 2). if you want to make it extra good, you try to integrate "lines" where the lawn would have been mown (clearly visible on google maps) to give the grass a bit more structure. After all, I'm very curious what the booths are meant to be? Are they supposed to recreated parked cars & trucks? Or are they meant to be tents and other small buildings which are put up only for the race day? Either way, considering the track is so "full" of these buildings (and it makes a bad visual impact IMO) it has very few visitors, doesn't look very balanced to me.
The AI line is rather weak, at least with the original Formula.

It's a solid track, but I think it doesn't need so much to be great, it seems to have a good base :bg: