[rwl] [cir] Phillip Island

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [cir] Phillip Island

Post by Crowella »

I had to sneak some time to get this one completed, it sat in a very close to done state for a while now. :o

Phillip Island, home to the Australian MotoGP and some other major Australian motorsport competition that seems to be a recurring theme :sweatdrop: Feels like a good layout for some more realistic cars available here, quite wide open corners. :D

Included in the zip:
Phillip Is - MotoGP Pits
Phillip IsSC - Supercars Pits (and quieter events)

AI is for Formula as always. Feel free to comment and enjoy! :goodvibes:
Attachments
Phillip Is.zip
(228.79 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
philip_island.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Phillip Island

Post by Black Rebel »

It was really missed. Thank man.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Phillip Island

Post by XYY »

Have a look at what is deep down there in my track folder (started back in 2012), this will go to the trash now ;)
phillip Isl.png
I agree with Black Rebel that it's great to have an "updated" new high-quality version of this track. And it's a blast to look at! You have included so many small and big details and I see the same level of sophistication that I use for my own rwl tracks (which I really appreciate, although probably few others will do :D ).

I'm tempted to not make remarks about the things where we just have different approaches (like "rounded" stacked walls with big radiuses vs "edgy" walls, letting the track run close to the borders), but this one works great again even without landmap objects and cars :meditate: I'm not sure if you're also a fan of fake water in general, but I think it wouldn't have been neccessary here... :shhh:

I really like the use of armco barriers as a "roof" for "stands" with sunktyres, can't remember I've ever seen this before :) There are so many other details and I can imagine that it took quite some time again to make this track, props to you ;)

The only "slight" disappointment is the hmap for me. It looks quite alright, but I remembered it to be waay more extreme from (ToCA/DTM/V8 Supercars) Race Driver 3. I just looked into an onboard video and I have to say it's not way off, but I'd still like to have it a little more accentuated in general :)

AI line is just as strong (or maybe too strong) as I would have expected from your track. I had a big crash in lap 1 and had no chance to catch up in the following 9 laps :D

All in all, you did a great job again :)