[rwl] [cir] [stc] Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
.:spawnhypno:.

[rwl] [cir] [stc] Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Post by .:spawnhypno:. »

Oh look, it's the only F1 circuit on the calendar that hasn't been made for GR yet! This has been one of my two pet projects since picking GR back up again earlier this month. You'll see the second one soon enough.

This is a fast circuit, with a lot of changes made to accommodate the long, winding layout in GR. I can say honestly that I worked to the best of my ability to make it as close to real as possible - some of the more fancy architecture and detail had to be skimped on due to the limitations of the game, but enough remained that I'm glad with what we got.

AI line is tested with Formula GT cars, but standard Formulas or any other open wheel-style car should work just fine here.

Big thanks to Crowella for the help in object placement and everything, helping me refresh my skills. I had to knock off plenty of rust with this and he most certainly helped.

Also, since this race is set to be held at twilight or nighttime, I've attached a "PM" version designed for use with Maciej1's night palette. You can see some of that on the right side of the screenshot.
Attachments
Jeddahscrn.png
Jeddah Corniche Circuit.zip
(92.62 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
48 ToM votes - - ToM Silver and Bronze Medallist - - TdM Gold and Bronze Medallist
17-time ToM Nominee Shameless and crass self-promoter and user of weird colors!
aliman

Re: [rwl] [cir] [stc] Jeddah Corniche Circuit

Post by aliman »

Nice job :up: Especially considering you've been back at trackmaking only since the beginning of the month. Impressive pace.

I think the first corner is a pretty slow semi circle or something, so it would've been nice to have a slow corner there. Other than that I'm perfectly happy with this version. Also, the hairpin at the top is banked, but otherwise I think it's as flat as it gets.

Maciej1's night palette
And where might I find said palette?

Also, sea message :D :D :up: :up: :up:
.:spawnhypno:.

Post by .:spawnhypno:. »

Looking at the place from last weekend's race, it looks like I got some of the finer track-side details wrong. So, I've made an attempt to fix them.

You can find a fixed version (with proper kerbs, runoffs, pit entry and other changes) here.

There's also a special palette in there that changes the green tones from organic grass to a brighter, flatter tone for the kerbs and the "grass"-like areas around the track.
Attachments
jeddahreprise.png
Jeddah Corniche Circuit revised.zip
(95.13 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
48 ToM votes - - ToM Silver and Bronze Medallist - - TdM Gold and Bronze Medallist
17-time ToM Nominee Shameless and crass self-promoter and user of weird colors!
gigs96

Post by gigs96 »

aliman wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:30 pm
And where might I find said palette?
You can find it on the official Maciej1's website, https://maciej.webnode.com/other-stuff/ download it here :D :up: