[stc] Brdegest City Street Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
aliman

[stc] Brdegest City Street Circuit

Post by aliman »

Hello and welcome to Brdegest!
PIC.JPG
Brdegest.rar
(46.47 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

WS 180, designed for Formula-like cars: fast and high downforce :bg:

Brdegest is a city located somewhere in central Europe (in my imagination that is :D ). The city planners surely weren't in their right minds when they decided to build a new road right THROUGH the old part of town. Despite the initial backlash, the plans went through, and now years later people remember this as a rather fortunate little mistake. That is because the track has since become a vital part of the European racing calendar. People often liken it to tracks like Pau or Macau; epic hotlapping with the fastest cars, and in the smaller categories amazing racing as well.

Well, story time over. This is one of my absolute favorite tracks. It's been basically years in the making and I'm so happy to have it finally done and released. This is my magnum opus; it's as good as it'll ever get. Every single pixel has been the result of thorough analysis and years of planning and over thinking. :D

I don't accept criticism or negative feedback. Not for this track. In my eyes it's as close to "perfect" as can be. :peacock: ;)

Comments (positive or negative) appreciated, as always.

I'll tell more later, but for now let's just enjoy! :D
aliman

Re: [stc] Brdegest City Street Circuit

Post by aliman »

Okay, now that I have the time, I can tell you more about the track. I gotta tell you it was a bit overwhelming to let go of a project years in the making, so I was a bit anxious yesterday. :D

I use 16:9 aspect ratio so the bottom and top walls are just visible.

Start/finish straight is very narrow considering it is also the pit lane :D. So yes there's sometimes a bit of traffic and cars bumping into each other during pit stops. Not as much as you'd think though. It's still wider and more spacious than originally.

I consider main straight to be from the last hairpin all the way to the tight right-hander on the left. So not very straight at all. :bsmile: So first actual corner is a tight right hand turn considering you're coming with all that speed. Perhaps the best overtaking opportunity on the track. Just chuck it on the inside. :up: Then it's just downhill and under a bridge with a couple left kinks. Easy peasy.

My favorite corner (or rather corners) is the never ending right-hander that starts at the very center and oddly enough also ends at the center of the map. You're climbing up a hill and you're never really sure of what line to take. Do I stay in the middle or drift wide to get a better line for the next corner? And never really sure when to get off the throttle.

The "old part of town" is the area with houses at the center. That's look-wise probably my favorite part of the circuit. Which is funny, because it was for the longest time my least favorite, and I really struggled with ideas what to put there. It almost looks like an alpine skiing village. That wasn't my intention but I don't mind.

After a 270+ degree quadruple apex turn there's just a small left kink. I kid you not, it's probably the most dangerous corner of the track. Do not cut the corner!

Then we come to the back straight cutting through the town, followed by a 130R -inspired quick left hander. Great overtaking opportunity. And last, a banked hairpin. If you want to pit take the short cut, otherwise you gotta go around the traffic circle. That goes for you too XYY, I know you like your shortcuts. ;) :D

And boom, that's a lap around Brdegest. Hope you liked it.

Don't be afraid to comment, I was trying to be sarcastic yesterday. :D

K, thanks, bye!
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Actually, I don't have something revealing to say, but this track looks good. It's beautiful, it's clean, and have this balance between the playable layout and the city view (you know, trying to fit the streets to make a nice layout but also to actually look like the city itself). It's pleasing that the bridges are fitted into the layout perfectly, it's even impossible to get them out of it. Great work!
ALL TRACKS
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Yeah, looks great and very detailed. Love the landmap cars in your tracks, and love the description - It's great when someone can talk passionately about what they create. The track looks like it's built in a real city, truly a great job!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

This is a masterpiece, your best track also in my eyes. :up: On the ideal line you're always next to a disaster and I love it. Not only is the flow great, it also looks stunning. The banked roundabout is fun. I can't find anything negative even if I try to. :D