[tpk] [kar] [cir] Whitecloud Int. Karting Circuit

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Speedy47

[tpk] [kar] [cir] Whitecloud Int. Karting Circuit

Post by Speedy47 »

Last login : Apr. 2011 :scared:

This is scary, I suppose there has to be an easy way out of a 10+ years hiatus :?
Ohh, I got it! A new track... nahh, too predictable... :doh: how about two?
No, can't do that... it has to be solid, can't do things halfway...
I got it... EIGHT tracks in one! :twisted:
Folks, first of all let's just say it's been quite a stretch. After turning 30 earlier last year, most of me moved on to other occupations, whereas teaching mechanical engineering, iRacing, Rocket League and so much more took over what has been a busy schedule in the past 5 years. Then, last night, a wild idea of checking out where GeneRally was at sparked a classic 8-hour session of trackmaking that resulted in this.

Introducing Whitecloud International Karting Circuit, a complex of 8 different layouts set in a winter/snowy setting to punish anyone who'd dare challenge its track limits.

While not a modern facility, Whitecloud still hosts national championship events as well as a handful of regional, club and junior events. The track layouts are diversified and present various corner types to the avid karting enthusiast.

Let's go over the contents of this pack :
(notes : All AI lines were tested with the default cars only, checkpoints were balanced over sunken tyres, laps are likely to be invalidated if hit/skipped over.)

2x Endurance layouts (clockwise and counter-clockwise versions)
Championship level circuits filled with high, medium and low speed corners to challenge the most avid racers and hotlappers. Previously hosted 12 and 24-hour team events as well as national and international championship rounds.

Outer layout
Testing and scholastic high speed layout. Apart from the first and last corners, you'll find yourself flat-footed through most of the track. Keeping momentum, drafting and drifting through corners without running wide are keys to a fast and consistant laptime.

4x Club layouts
Perfect variety of speed and technical corners designed for club and junior level racing and lapping. Don't be fooled though, there is still a set of challenges that'll put even advanced drivers to the test while pushing intermediates to their limits, helping to educate a new generation of racers.

Inner layout
Not into all that high speed, momentum and drafting? Perfect, our inner layout will offer you a set of our most technical corners chained together. Expect to compromise entries and exits to maximise every sector, looking for the perfect laptime. Racing on this layout is not encouraged as the inner pitlane does not meet national standards for refueling safety.

P.S. I don't expect this trackpack to be "perfect" visually in any means. There could've been some extra polishing done, but while not a "rushed" project by any means, I didn't want it to become more than a nice and fun experience for a couple (too many!) hours.

P.P.S. Other layout previews will be available very soon in the first answer below :D

Cheers and enjoy! :cool2:
Attachments
WCIKC-ClubD.png
WCIKC-ClubC.png
WCIKC-ClubB.png
WCIKC-ClubA.png
WCIKC.zip
Complete trackpack including all 8 layouts
(459.82 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Last edited by Speedy47 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Speedy47

Re: [tpk] [kar] [cir] Whitecloud Int. Karting Circuit

Post by Speedy47 »

Remainder of the track layouts previews and the ingame look of it all :mrgreen:
Attachments
WCIKC-Fullpreview.png
WCIKC-Outer.png
WCIKC-Inner.png
WCIKC-EnduranceCW.png
WCIKC-EnduranceCCW.png
Kikwik

Re: [tpk] [kar] [cir] Whitecloud Int. Karting Circuit

Post by Kikwik »

Welcome back Speedy47 !

There's not a lot of kart tracks, so one with 8 different layouts are sure to be appreciated ! :goal: And in winter time, I think it's a novelty for kart tracks.

I appreciate the fact that you used different views, for the different layouts.

I don't know if it's me or if kart tracks that are designed like this but I thought kart tracks would not be so wide ? I seem a little lost with my kart when I drive on them. So big and wide ! Also the fact that I can shortcut by a wide margin some corners are quite... weird. Didn't test it with AI though. AI are jerks anyway. :P

All in all it's a nice kart trackpack you delivered. Thanks ! :bsmile:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database