[ral] [tpk] [stg] Rally Kojori

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] [tpk] [stg] Rally Kojori

Post by Aeon »

Stopped by in my COVID-19 induced boredom to tinker with some old games. I had some fun racing the technical rally tracks, and enjoyed some of the courses such as Finland. I took a road trip through Kojori, southwest of Tbilisi, Georgia a few weeks ago. It was a fairly precarious drive, so I thought I'd turn the area into a rally track. Here you go.

(Mods: If my posting methods are incorrect, please correct for me. I'm not up on this stuff.)

There are 6 maps here with 11 different courses total. Some of these maps are very technical so it's good to have a narrow car and a lot of patience. Not recommended when you're irritable. Take it slow when you need to, because its better to throttle your gas around a corner than bash into the wall and play ping-pong or damage your car. There are a lot of power poles, lights and road signs to worry about. I tried to make obstacles somewhat obvious, but still, they're small. I didn't put a ton of effort into the minute details, so don't over-analyze it. :)

I stole some ideas from AeroWiewiur's tracks.

Car: I recommend the Yankee or any of its same-stat remakes for these tracks. If you're really ambitious you can try a Mini Cooper or a Monster Truck. If you do, let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear what kind of times other people can get. I've been enjoying Masa's Yankee remakes: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4494&start=50
Attachments
Rally Kojori.zip
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 160 times
Kojori3.jpg
Kojori2.jpg
Kojori1.jpg
Kojori Map.jpg
Last edited by Aeon on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeon's Advance Series Tracks
You can do whatever you want with my tracks, just give me credit please. (I like to check in once in a while and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with my stuff!)
Gzehoo

Re: [ral] [tpk] [stg] Rally Kojori

Post by Gzehoo »

It's really great to see another rally trackpack on GRIF since... a very long time :D
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

It's so good to see a new rally with so many stages, thank you! :D
These stages are well made and I really enjoyed them :goal: , even if the style is a bit rough it doesn't bother, it just gives to the tracks some "old school" vibes.
The only thing I didn't like too much is the overuse of barriers: sometimes it feels more like racing on a city circuit rather than on a rally stage. :ouch:
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Aeon »

Well, a good part of the course is more like racing on a city circuit than on a rally stage. Are you wishing the woodsy stages were less restrictive? I was just going by what I saw on Google Maps. :)

Just for fun, I revised the AI line for each of the tracks so a decent AI 100 Yankee car can actually complete the tracks in pretty good time. Blew away my records anyway. I've gone ahead and filled the track records with AI cars of varying levels, so if you want some challenge, see how high you can rank yourself on each track. If you can beat the AI in a Yankee, you're amazing. If not, its somewhat amusing to watch the AI drive the tracks, and rather satisfying for me to see them ace the technical tracks without any issues. Sometimes.
You can do whatever you want with my tracks, just give me credit please. (I like to check in once in a while and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with my stuff!)
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Challenging rally tracks. I tested them first with Monster Truck, Mini, Yankee, then Rallycar out of curiosity.

Monster Truck is big and it's difficult in narrow streets, but it have not a big speed and have good handling, so it's a safe ride.

Mini is so small it's laughable (it's all fun until we hit a wall) when going full speed in those narrow streets. In corners it's not the best though.

Yankee is the best choice really, as it's so thrilling to go full speed in narrow streets pushing our luck not to explode in pieces. :scared: Plus its handling is surprisingly good (didn't play with it since a loooong time, so was nice to rediscover it).

Rallycar is hardcore mode. Or pinball mode. Or drunk mode. Can't decide. :D

I made the best times overall with the Yankee obviously. I remember doing 52s or something with the Yankee on the S10. Difficult one.

It's good that you added some country stages ; it allows a little rest from those tricky town stages ; filled my need for nature and freed my stress.

Nothing to say quality wise, except some walls that aren't always smooth, but really I can forget this when I look at how you build entire districts with those houses, walls surroundings them, etc. I can't imagine the time and effort you put into this.

Thanks Aeon. :)

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Aeon »

I am glad you appreciate the feel of driving the Yankee down the straightaways because that’s what I liked about it. And yes, breaking it up with country tracks was intentional because the technical city courses get exhausting. As for the poorly aligned walls, I am old and my back doesn’t like hunching next to the computer screen to move things pixel by pixel anymore. I wanted to hammer them out as quickly as possible. Maybe someday GeneRally tracks will intuitively auto-align walls. Glad you enjoyed.