[cir] Buckie

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Buckie

Post by TuomoH »

Wanted to make a traditional track and after several false starts was happy with this layout. Buckie is easy to learn but hard to master. It was designed for hotlapping but the AI races are tight, too. As usual, the AI has been designed for the original Formula.

Have fun! :)
Attachments
buckie.jpg
buckie.zip
(27.65 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
YoNnie

Re: [cir] Buckie

Post by YoNnie »

Well, this track looks gorgeous! I really enjoy it by seeing it. Also I hoped that I will be racing it with joy too. To be honest, there's little confusion for me, because the layout seems to make cars sticked to the tamac, but because the WS is to big, it's hard to make the lap fluent and keep the balance between velocity and the smooth driving. But that's also I lame in driving, so maybe for more experienced or skilled players this track is ideal. For me it lacks in the smoothness of driving. In fact, you wrote it's hard to master, so my complaints are caused by my misexpectations rather than lacks in the concept of it. However visually it's piece of an art, and for a driving it's not for pure joy but also for some challange maybe. So if somebody would want to ride it only for fun, will be a bit disappointed, but if it's for some challange, it's realy good.
ALL TRACKS
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

I could have 100 tracks like those in my folder and would not be bothered even once playing them all.

I think it's the best kind of tracks for GR : the right size to see well our car, not too long or short, layout remaining technical (this hairpin !).

It have a great balance overall ; layout wise, objects wise, ...

Only one question : What is this little grey pile on the top right corner near those buildings ? Remaining of the excess of tarmac during the track's construction ? Remaining of aluminium cans after the October Fest ? A maniac digging the ground who think he have discovered a gold mine after finding pyrite ? :P

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot for the comments, mates. :)
YoNnie wrote:To be honest, there's little confusion for me, because the layout seems to make cars sticked to the tamac, but because the WS is to big, it's hard to make the lap fluent and keep the balance between velocity and the smooth driving. But that's also I lame in driving, so maybe for more experienced or skilled players this track is ideal.
Sorry to hear this. Personally, I drove lots of laps while creating the track so I can't judge objectively how easy it's to drive. :shy:
Kikwik wrote:What is this little grey pile on the top right corner near those buildings ?
Eh, it's rock. I wanted to keep it minimal so I didn't add any dirt or anything like that but I guess that didn't work out as intended. :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

For me the rock looks allright, the smaller rocks give a hint of what it is anyways. Fun little formula track, the wall of champions here has me as a victim though :D
Nice to see some new tracks I should catch up.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot, Dan. :) Seems that the wall of champions works as intended. :misch:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I like this one a lot, final chicane OK, but I would like a small runoff and pits on inside or only 3 pit crews.

BTW Westbush awesome, I don't want to bump it. :wow:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Sorry, forgot to reply to this earlier. Thanks a lot, Ivo. :hattip: