Joint Effort Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Joint Effort Track Project

Post by Bouncebackability »

C-dac, top middle is already taken. However you can have my top left if you like and I will take FTs to fill all the spaces?

Anybody have suggestions of a theme, xyy perhaps you would like to start as you were first sign up?
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Well, I can start only after the weekend. Btw, just in case that we'll make a fullscreen track (some feedback please, it was my suggestion), what about the external parts (since we have 16:9 resolutions)? This way the one in top-right (e.g) will have a lot more work than the one with middle middle.

btw, I'd like some road course, maybe a suburb circuit to not have only fields as a landscape :D but then the fullscreen idea won't work so good, I'm afraid. Maybe it would also be time for just a normal permanent circuit. ;)
cocney

Post by cocney »

I suggest that we make rally-road or permanent circuit.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Yeah, these projects usually race on tarmac, so I support the idea of using dirt this time ;)

Full-screen is too fiddly with the different resolutions, so I'm not sure if I'd like that
// My old tracks (2003-2010) | My new tracks (2011-2012) //
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Still no response from cdac. We're still waiting to confirm the last position. And then for someone to make a start. As previously mentioned I am willing to take fts if someone would prefer a square.
C-DAC

Post by C-DAC »

Bouncebackability wrote:Still no response from cdac. We're still waiting to confirm the last position. And then for someone to make a start. As previously mentioned I am willing to take fts if someone would prefer a square.
Oh, sorry! I was very busy since last two weeks. But now I am here. :)
If you really want to go for Fts then I am ready to take your square (top left).

And If everything is okay then keep move on guys!! :bg:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Excellent lets make a start. Xyy are you free to go? I personally prefer your town country idea to having another circuit. If it is a silkscreen track it just needs to make sure that the entire map is filled even if you cannot see it.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Of course I can start. So a suburb style track is ok? Or should it be a rally track (as suggested by cocney and Nielske)? Which Worldsize? Fullscreen? (probably the last two belong together :D ). Just want to know it.
And I won't certainly start before Wednesday :)

Edit: to avoid confusion, for suburb style I didn't mean this stuff, rather the zone which surrounds a city where there are a few houses, maybe also a small village next to a big town.. I hope you understand what I mean :geek:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Now I've got some problems:
a) What style of track should it be now? Some other voices would also be quite nice
b) Any ideas about Worldsize? Should it be a fullscreen track or rather not?
c) I've attached a little sketch: It shows how the track could be splitted in 9 "squares".
(1) with black lines is a normal JE grid. Problem: More of the area in the middle is shown in the final track, more than 1/2 of the bottom-right and bottom left squares are not seen on 4:3 resolution
(1) with red lines is a "fullscreen" grid (red border was made by drawing a border around the track while it was zoomed in). Problem: FTer has to do all the outer areas
(2) is the red grid of 1 and has got the not yet assigned areas added to the reference square. Problem: unfair distribution of the outer areas (middle middle gets nothing, bottom-left/bottom-right get a lot extra space on 16:9 resolutions
(3) is a mix of the red and black grid of (1), I basically always took the middle of the lines from the red and the black grid. Problem: FTer has to do a few outer areas, distribution is slightly unfair (the one in the middle middle has more visible area on 4:3, but the one in bottom-right/bottom left has more visible area on 16:9)

So far I like most the (3), but I'd like your reply. Maybe I also take this a bit too serious :rofl:
Attachments
je75.png
Glen

Post by Glen »

XYY wrote:(3) is a mix of the red and black grid of (1), I basically always took the middle of the lines from the red and the black grid. Problem: FTer has to do a few outer areas, distribution is slightly unfair (the one in the middle middle has more visible area on 4:3, but the one in bottom-right/bottom left has more visible area on 16:9):
You are the first, you choose the Idea, I think your suggestions are nice and you are the "middle-middle" guy...
For me it's not a problem than your part will be the most visible because you will give the theme, more details you will ad, better it will be :)

I'm in for the 3
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I don't mind and agree with Glen, my concern is that the outside is not left abandoned!
Glen

Post by Glen »

Bouncebackability wrote:my concern is that the outside is not left abandoned!
Everyone make is own outside! Excepted XYY (maybe)
cocney

Post by cocney »

I think that standard is the best solution but it is your choice.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Glen

Post by Glen »

cocney wrote:I think that standard is the best solution but it is your choice.
Maybe it´s do to the lack of dithering in XYY´s Grid
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

I'm fine with solution #3

I still think we should give dirt a try. Maybe a rally super stage? Though that may be hard to plan
Glen

Post by Glen »

nielske wrote:I'm fine with solution #3

I still think we should give dirt a try. Maybe a rally super stage? Though that may be hard to plan
A Rallycross track, but not like "Smontex - Joint Effort 72"
Something more like race of champion or X games.
I don´t mean a SS, but a kind of permanent national Rallycross track.
nielske
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by nielske »

Sounds good to me :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I haven't yet started because I feel there's no clarity/uniform opinion of what tracktype we want to make. :| Maybe it would be good to hear some more voices about it. :roll:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Well I liked your original idea xyy with an urban area plus rural [roa] but we are on #75, could do something different like a superspecial stage like the Hellas stage that spacethingy made here. I think that is what is being described by Nielske.

Also doing your original plan maybe will end up too much like similar tracks recently like Smontex or Swampshot.

So now i'm in favour of the ss stage seeing as you havent started yet
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

So special stage=rally from point A to point B or special stage=sinous layout with a character like ROC? And should it still be fullscreen?
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

XYY wrote:So special stage=rally from point A to point B or special stage=sinous layout with a character like ROC? And should it still be fullscreen?
I meant like the type in RoC where it crosses over itself, which is what I think theyr're describing above.
Glen

Post by Glen »

i´m in for the ROC : Proof :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

So should I now start with my 3rd fullscreen sketch as a ROC-like rally(cross) track with a style similar to the Hellas superstage? :cool2:
Glen

Post by Glen »

Yes :) please
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Go for it xyy!