Joint Effort Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Joint Effort Track Project

Post by XYY »

Of course aliman can post his suggested updates. aliman, will you also include the readme file like in previous JE tracks and release the track afterwards?

Actually I was unsure what to do with the area where Aleksi's, Scholls and my piece meet. a parking lot sounds like a good idea, maybe in the style shown by Crowella under the pits? :) In that case the area could even be enlarged to the top, so that the path in Aleksi's square is continued in the same width into my square?
aliman

Post by aliman »

I did fixes to my part and added a bunch of people, just to see how it looks. And I think it's better with more people so just add more people to the center and right sides also, or what do you think? I also did the parking lot. I added a stand there also, but somehow it just looked weird seeing it from the side so I removed it :D . Also added a hay bale to the top left, because I kept crashing there :D

I think you should still do the "formalities", you know readmes, posting and such.
je83.JPG
#JE83-ft2.rar
(49.63 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

alright, I'll do the formal part and post the track later on (or in the new year) :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

aliman wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:51 pmI think we could make the next one sort of free-for-all, first come first served -type of project. So whoever POSTS the next piece first.
I agree that we shouldn't have to wait. However, I think we should still say that we're working on it. It'd be a pity to make a good square just to see someone already posted a square meanwhile you were making.

I suggest that we post "Now I'm making it" and really mean it. Then there would be X time to really make it and if it's not finished by that time, then whoever can make their piece. Maybe we can post along the lines "Now I'm making it and it will be here by tomorrow at the latest". In other words, I'd post at the start when I have actually reserved time for myself to make it, then start working on it and finally post my finished square. In my opinion, making a decent square doesn't require too much time.

Just out of curiosity, everyone, how long does it take for you to make a square? From my earlier experience with JEs, I might reserve two hours and that's it.

Btw, love how the track has turned out. The moving of the church was a good call. :up:
aliman

Post by aliman »

TuomoH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 am I think we should still say that we're working on it. It'd be a pity to make a good square just to see someone already posted a square meanwhile you were making.
You know what, I agree. Because I actually started on BOTTOM LEFT and it's looking kind of nice. :bsmile:
So I'll try to sort it out in the weekend. If someone else has already started also, I'm sure we can work something out. :up:
TuomoH wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 am Just out of curiosity, everyone, how long does it take for you to make a square?
Ehem... well, I've already spent probably two hours on the next piece. Probably spent a day on the previous JE piece. But that was very much scattered around a couple of weeks. Mostly just blankly staring at the thing trying to decide what to do :doh:

But like I've said it before, I am slooow :D

EDIT: Actually come to think of it, my piece is almost ready. Just needs some beautification is all. So I'll post it before Sunday.
aliman

Post by aliman »

Well there you go, right on time.
JE84.JPG
#JE84-2.rar
(11.98 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Looks great! Started working on top-left, should be finished later today.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Alright, here's my piece. I immediately had a vision of the pits being like this. As the area started by BRIX wasn't wide enough, whoever makes the finishing touches has to fix that dangerous armco barrier.

This was fun. Continuing somebody else's work is surely challenging. Hadn't participated in JE since 2013 but I'm happy how it turned out. :)
Attachments
je84-3.jpg
#JE84-3.zip
(18.64 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Darjo
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Darjo »

Hey guys the tracks looks sick!! I must say that I really dig the starting grid placed in that parking lot. Also the swimming pool at the bottom is quite neat :)

I was messing around in the track editor, and I was wondering how you guys feel about the track width. It feels slighly claustrophobic to me, but then again I haven't played GR in a long time, so I might just suck as a driver.
I remember using the flat bridge as a reference for the track width, and this track is like 75% of a flat bridge.
I am not against narrower tracks if there's enough room for racing, but in this case going off limits would mean jumping off the sunk tires or slamming into concrete posts.

Anyways, superb job so far! The track description gave me a chuckle :^)
Signatures are overrated
aliman

Post by aliman »

Darjo wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:18 pmThe track description gave me a chuckle :^)
I see Tuomo was unsure as to where to place himself. :misch:

There was so little of the track that I didn't even think of the width, so good catch there. If we were to widen it, it should be done now that we aren't too far. Or the rest of the track could have wide run-off areas and perhaps something softer than concrete posts on the outside. :doh:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Didn't even think of looking at the track description. :rofl: Whoever goes next can just add my name to the list. ;)

I didn't notice anything peculiar about the track width. I don't mind changing the WS. :)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

:bump:

Does anyone feel like making the next square? :)
aliman

Post by aliman »

Considering the previous track had difficulties with five participants and this one has nine squares, I think we'll need to do two pieces each to get this finished. :D The last edit has been downloaded nine times so maybe people are just waiting for inspiration to hit.

Btw Tuomo, your pile of rubble looks better than mine. That's what I was going for in my head, but it turned out just sad. Sad little pile :D
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I want to give trackmaking a go again, can I do a square? :wave:
EDIT: I just read what Tuomo posted above, so not to block anything I'll wait for a moment when I can claim to have a moment to work on the square. Sorry. :D :doh:
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I think you can go on with making that square, seems like noone is making it.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Came back from a lengthy break to see this hasn't progressed at all. Anyone can do the next square!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

:bump: Anyone?
kneetzstopz

Post by kneetzstopz »

Looking good, I think. Don't forget the pits, guys. ;) whatsapp mod
watch tv series
Last edited by kneetzstopz on Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mijaell

Post by Mijaell »

hello everyone ;)
do not fear the one who never falls... be afraid of the one who always rises