[oth] Kiwi Bird

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Kikwik

[oth] Kiwi Bird

Post by Kikwik »

As a kiwi bird myself, I felt obliged to create one in GR. With my pityful carmaking skills and a welcomed helping hand from Hormous, I'm proud to show you the kiwi bird ! :goal:
Kiwi Bird.png
Kiwi Bird.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Kiwi Bird.zip
(1014 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times
They exist in many types :
. The Classic kiwi bird with brown feathers and yellow beak
. The Classic kiwi bird with brown feathers but -Pink Beak Edition- please. :cool2:
. Not painted feathers with the choice for yellow or pink beak.

Look how happy they are ! :goodvibes:
Kiwi Birds Party.png
Big kiwi birds party at the Waterfall ! Quick ! join us and slurp a worm in good company before splashing into this clear water and playing waterpolo. :D

After many tests I think physics are fine but if there's something worth mentioning please do so. :)
Last edited by Kikwik on Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Hormous

Re: [oth] Kiwi Bird

Post by Hormous »

You were so fast!
Love this little kiwi, it may not be very popular, but it's one of those epic Generally oddities which keep the unicity of this game. :goodvibes:
I don't know how it should supposed to be the physic of a half bird/half fruit kiwi car, but anyway I like how it gain speed when you try to climb the waterfall. I was also try these kiwis on Shipwrecked! and Serpents Pit but looks like it's not possible to push the opponents. :ouch:
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Thanks Hormous ! :bsmile:

Oh it doesn't matter if it's popular or not, I just wanted to create it and I'm happy with what I did. And I like weird original never done things so it checks the cases for me. :jester: Glad you tested it though.

I tested the kiwi birds right away after your comment on Serpent's Pit and you're right, the size of the "car" isn't correct. So I fixed it for every kiwi birds in the pack and now it should be way better, thanks to notice it so quickly ! I updated the link at first post for the new file.

I wish you nice kiwi birds pushing, sniffing and beak stinging on those nano arenas ! :D

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Kikwik wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:54 pm I wish you nice kiwi birds pushing, sniffing and beak stinging on those nano arenas ! :D
Just tested the updated kiwis, now they are quite challenging, they beat me a bunch of times! :doh: