Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
RudyOosterndijk

Re: Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

Doesn't work for me. A hedge is a hedge is a hedge in the game for me. Maybe it's the green texture that screams plant and I can't do the abstraction work.

What would work for me, though, is some round concrete walls/posts with a bush on top. These things just don't serve the same purpose as your hay bales. :D
puttz

Post by puttz »

Yeah, that just doesn't quite look right. It might work with a palette specifically made for that, but the problem would be if someone didn't have the palette loaded it would look dumb.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

So it's official now, there's a restaurant in GR :
Restaurant.jpg
Please think about those poor waitresses which have this situation many times. Thanks for them. :slap: :ashamed:

Some little things to add to the lmap and maybe a little to the hmap but both layout and AI are ready.

Lmap is pretty long to make due to objects to delimitate precisely. It's going on in its own pace though. :boat:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Just a little sneak peak ;) Do you remember a track?
Hint: It will be a remaster of one of the first track I created
Attachments
preview.PNG
preview.PNG (18.3 KiB) Viewed 10136 times
ALL TRACKS
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

May it be Dustland International Circuit ? :scratch:

Good to see you around YoNnie ! :)

By the way, I looove your avatar ! :rofl:

YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Yup, that's it (it was too easy).
During the current situation I have plenty of time to trackmaking.
And yes, my avatar is fabulous :D
ALL TRACKS
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Still working on :D
Attachments
preview.PNG
preview.PNG (16.94 KiB) Viewed 9525 times
ALL TRACKS
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Mmh... :scratch: Is it Soemihi Motorpark ? :)

YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Damn, you're right! It was more tricky because this chicane isn't corrected, but a new one. But again you did it! :D
ALL TRACKS
zgr

Post by zgr »

Kind of missed the game, that's where I decided that I wanna do another world pack :goodvibes:
Any ideas which track I should make? And most of them should be based on real world places :P

Current ideas:
- Berlin-Tempelhof Airport Circuit
- Circuit in Cordoba, Argentina (near the Lago San Roque)
- Vienna Oldtown
- Kuwait City Circuit
- Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Any other suggetions? :shy:
Hello.
aliman

Post by aliman »

These are tracks that I'm working on. I always seem to get about 50-75% done and then I just get stuck and run out of ideas and skill. :D And I definitely have a thing for street circuits. I think all but one are WS 180.

When it comes to tight pit entries, I think "adelaine2" takes the cake. :D "Bridgetest2" also has a very intense start/finish straight and pit lane :D
All names are just working titles.
Tracks 1.jpg
Tracks 2.png
Merged double reply from Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:50 pm:

@zgr maybe something like a futuristic street circuit set in Tokyo in the style of Lombon. Not rwl but it's what I would like to see. :D I've long planned to do it myself, but haven't got started.

http://forum.generally-racers.com/viewt ... lit=lombon
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Aliman, wow! You NEED to find ideas to finish them! I doubt it's truly about the skills anymore, you really seem skilled. :up:
zgr

Post by zgr »

TuomoH wrote:Aliman, wow! You NEED to find ideas to finish them! I doubt it's truly about the skills anymore, you really seem skilled. :up:
I agree 1000%, this tracks looking amazing so far! :bowdown:
Hello.
RudyOosterndijk

Post by RudyOosterndijk »

zgr wrote: I agree 1000%, this tracks looking amazing so far! :bowdown:
Absolutely!
zgr wrote:Kind of missed the game, that's where I decided that I wanna do another world pack :goodvibes:
Any ideas which track I should make? And most of them should be based on real world places :P
I have been lobbying for old track layouts in general. Being a child of the 90s, I'd love to see Montréal '94 with that horrible chicane on the back straight - or even worse: Catalunya '94 with that even more horrible chicane on the back straight. Spa-Francorchamps because of how many times the bus stop chicane changed during the past 30 years. Macau, the year Schumacher won it. I'm not sure if there is a proper version of the Nürburgring before the Mercedes Arena was built. Or the final version of the AVUS before DTM moved away in 1996. I know, it's probably not worth building these tracks from scratch if the original creators could "just" add these layouts to the modern circuits that already exist.

So I would go with Adelaide '95, although there are many people who attempted and abandoned their project (XYY, kaiserkoenig). Also, Helsinki Thunder Street Circuit '95 - '97, just because it's Finland. :cool:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I've been working on two cool track pack projects based on evolution and have 10 track files waiting for the AI lines and release... Still sticking to TE only - this feels so refreshing right now!

Meanwhile, here's a teaser of V'Lage.
Attachments
v'lage_teaser.jpg
zgr

Post by zgr »

RudyOosterndijk wrote:
zgr wrote:Kind of missed the game, that's where I decided that I wanna do another world pack :goodvibes:
I have been lobbying for old track layouts in general. Being a child of the 90s, I'd love to see Montréal '94 with that horrible chicane on the back straight - or even worse: Catalunya '94 with that even more horrible chicane on the back straight. Spa-Francorchamps because of how many times the bus stop chicane changed during the past 30 years. Macau, the year Schumacher won it. I'm not sure if there is a proper version of the Nürburgring before the Mercedes Arena was built. Or the final version of the AVUS before DTM moved away in 1996. I know, it's probably not worth building these tracks from scratch if the original creators could "just" add these layouts to the modern circuits that already exist.

So I would go with Adelaide '95, although there are many people who attempted and abandoned their project (XYY, kaiserkoenig). Also, Helsinki Thunder Street Circuit '95 - '97, just because it's Finland. :cool:
I was kind of thinking about fictional tracks in real world locations like my previous tracks :P
But I could try it tho :peacock:

P.S: I'm really rusty :D Need to remember myself, what it is like to use SnakeEditor, TE and other stuff :sweatdrop:
Hello.
aliman

Post by aliman »

Hello! Need help with two things:
1) tips on finishing the track before release
2) a name for the track! :D

It's supposed to be a sort of old fashioned or old-ish style track. Or not necessarily old, but simple, like a smaller track would be(I hope you understand :D). So I kept the surroundings fairly simple. The red bit between main straight and pit area doesn't fit with the old style but I like it so I left it in.

I'm not totally sure about the fields at the bottom and top. Also the grandstand area (middle right) could need some better ideas, but I'm not sure what to put there.

Also need a name for the track :)

noname.PNG
zgr

Post by zgr »

Reminds me of Laguna from Dragon a little bit :sweatdrop:
About the track, I like it :bg: I think the bottom field i alright, maybe you could a little details in it like hay or sth
Same for the main stand, I think it's fine, maybe more details (more people, other objects, idk, feel free) :D
111.PNG
111.PNG (148.89 KiB) Viewed 8705 times
Yellow circle: I feel like this looks a little bit empty imo. You could either to a run-off area there aswell, or add some lmap-details

Pink circle: Just like the yellow circle, maybe add some more details :roll:

Red circle: It's a little bit sad to me, that the fields could be destroyed by racecars :D I like how you manage to sperate the field from the track on the bottom of the map, and i feel like you could add walls, trees, other stuff there too. Which, of course (if you add trees) would result in a different PoV

That's my opinion at least, but as I said, I like it so far :bg: About the name, be creative, I have no idea rn :D
Hello.
aliman

Post by aliman »

Details added to "pink cirlce". :) Still need to place them properly and point the same way. Added a simple sand trap to "yellow circle". And, to give zgr a peace of mind, fields at the top "saved" by placing fences between them and the track :D

Should the logos both face the same way as the Shell logo or Marlboro logo? Line them up according to black line or red line?
untitled.JPG
Lines.PNG
zgr wrote:Reminds me of Laguna from Dragon a little bit :sweatdrop:
This track reminds me a little bit of Sepgang F1 circuit. Maybe at some point I'll do an updated version to make it look like a modern track.
aliman

Post by aliman »

Hello :)

I'm in need of a bit of help. I've created a pretty nice track, but the hmap ruins it. :mad: It is a rwl-based track so I can't just leave it flat or flat-ish. As mentioned before hmap is the weak link in my track making :). So if someone wants to collaborate and do the hmap that would be amazing. Didn't really know where to post so why not here with a preview as well :)
unknown track.JPG
I've also been experimenting with the logos. Trying to draw some myself and also just copy paste from the internet. :) As you see there's quite a few pirellis there :D Very happy with the aramco logo at the top corner. Much nicer in game with a proper palette. Also first time I've drawn a tunnel I'm happy with. The track is almost done (except hmap, of course), but I didn't want to give away too much ;)

Can you guess the track? Like I said it's rwl based but "generallyfied" version of actual track.

TL;DR: Hmap sucks, need someone to maybe draw it for me :)
zgr

Post by zgr »

I guess it's Spielberg, Austria, Red Bull Ring
:shhh:

Did you try the HMap Editor tho?
It helped me in my HMap making back then, really helpful tool, I can imagine it'll help you aswell :)

About the logos, I'm not really a fan of it, even though I made it back in my track editing days aswell :D but they look pretty good from the angle, at least for the Lmap :P
Hello.
aliman

Post by aliman »

zgr wrote:
I guess it's Spielberg, Austria, Red Bull Ring
Yes, perhaps it was a bit too easy considering the timing. :D Thank your for answering to my test pm btw :up:

Yes, I've tried Hmap editor. It's quite difficult to use, or I'm just not using it correctly :D

I've been trying to draw a plane but it just looks weird :doh:
Plane.PNG
aliman

Post by aliman »

It seems this has become a personal thread for me to post pictures :D I've always found this a good place of inspiration, seeing what others are up to.

Anyway, going for an old school, short and simple pit box. Using the photo below of Circuit de Reims-Gueux as inspiration. Thoughts? Also wanted to do a sort of "pre renovation Zandvoort" -style pit exit and turn 1.
(Don't worry about the concrete walls etc. they will be fixed in time.)

https://i0.wp.com/skiddmark.com/wp-cont ... C671&ssl=1
Pit building.JPG
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Hey guys, it looks like I'm back in business with an rwl in Argentina, Circuito Villicum in San Juan! :stir:
Attachments
villicum.png
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
zgr

Post by zgr »

Wow, never heard of this track :scared: :sweatdrop:
But it looks interesting, can't wait for the final result :bg:
Hello.