Joint Effort Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Joint Effort Track Project

Post by XYY »

Only one square and the FTs are left. I would be interested in the FTs maybe, but only after next week... :shhh:
CamrosX
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by CamrosX »

OH OOH ILL TAKE SQUARE
"As you may have noticed, I've done this properly."
STOP SCROLLING!!DOWNLOAD ALL OF MY TRACKS: http://forum.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=408
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Almost two months without news..... I'd like to take the last square :)
Hormous

Post by Hormous »

Don't know if it's alright but I made the last square
Attachments
#JE#82-6SQRS.zip
(91.29 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
shot0010.png
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

:bump:

Seeing that there is a bunch of trackmakers that are still (semi)active, would there be interest for a JE project? :)

I'd say we should see how many people are interested to participate, and use an according number of squares (or other shapes, if needed). So, please declare your interest if you have any! :yummy:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I would participate in a new JE project. However, I think that the last track should be finished in the first place (needs only FT's). Maybe someone who hasn't participated so far in that rally track would like to make them? :) Otherwise I could also do this...
Txizzle

Post by Txizzle »

After having been off-forum for roughly a month (dunno how, but i seriously cannot get online again in my usual software) i'm back. And I'd like to participate again. I keep having ideas about tracks, but never the skill, so i wanna give learning about it again another run.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Awesome, guys! I was thinking that we could do a JE track if we get at least 4 participants. We could make the WS smaller to compensate for the fact that the square will be a larger portion of the track, so that it won't be too laborious. But I'm hoping for at least 6 participants. :)

@XYY: I didn't realize the previous track hadn't been posted. IMO, you can do the FT's and post it... after a 5 year delay :mrgreen:
@Txizzle: Indeed, participating in JE projects is an excellent way of improving your trackmaking skills, I can say from experience :) So don't worry.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'd like some other members to share their opinion about it. BBA hasn't logged in since 2,5 years (plus I wrote a mail to him on another topic a few weeks ago, he didn't yet respond), and on one hand, I like to see this track finished and start a new one, but on the other hand I don't want to snatch the project together with you from him.

So, what do you think? If there is some more consensus for it, I will do the finishing touches and post the track :)
aliman

Post by aliman »

I'm not sure what the "participation rules" are but I wouldn't mind being like a backup participant (if you'll have me :)). I've followed these JE and JEA projects before and they always seem to drag on and on because someone doesn't check their e-mail for a month and the project just stalls and people lose interest.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Aliman, you certainly fulfill the requirements for participation. :)

XYY, in my opinion the project is the "property" of the community rather than BBA specifically... and since he hasn't been around for a while anyway, I think there's no problem if somebody else takes the reins :2c:

It seems that no other people are showing up... So, if everyone agrees, we could do a project with 4 participants. But if there still is someone that wants to participate, please don't hesitate. I think it should be a small track with a WS of something like 120-140. If you have any suggestions for a track theme, please share it. I think if somebody wants to start, they may go ahead :up:
aliman

Post by aliman »

Maybe some people don't check this forum that often, so maybe we can just let this sit for a while and perhaps more people will show up.

I'm fine with a small/medium like you said. I've never really done anything other than normal and street circuits. :D So maybe something like Akiram?

download/file.php?id=11925&mode=view
puttz

Post by puttz »

Seeing as BBA hasn't been around in a while, I don't see a problem with having someone else take over. As Aleksi said, it's more of a community thing that BBA was heading up rather than the property of BBA.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Scholl
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Scholl »

I would be happe to participate.
It´s been too long since a JETP was actually finished.
Maybe we can do five pieces (like a pizza) or I could fill in if one of the others can´t finish their part.

WS 120-140 is great for me.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I think it's alright to finish that track and move on to the next one. As Aleksi said, it's more of a community project, and BBA hasn't been around since 2018.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Alright, then I will make the finishing touches in the next days and post the previous track, so we can start a new one :)
Do you have any suggestions for the name?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Great :up:

Yes, with 5 participants we could do pizza slices, but I think this kind of division may be better. Any thoughts?

A street track as aliman suggested sounds good :) Is anyone willing to start? If nobody steps up within a week, I'll do the first piece. Meanwhile, other people are still welcome to join. :)
Attachments
je.png
je.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 27608 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think a street track is good, and for me it's okay if you start, and also that we use this division in five parts which you suggested :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Cool, I'll get started with my piece then, I'll try to be done with it within the next few days.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Alright, here's my piece. The direction of the track is still undecided, clockwise or anti-clockwise are both fine. The person who does the central piece can alter the part where the street joins the central piece if they wish to.

Who wants to go next? :) They should do either the top-left or the central piece.
Attachments
untitled.PNG
#JE83.zip
(8.71 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'll go next :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'm finished :)
I was thinking of this to be like an ancient town (which has been modernised with these zebra crossings, obviously). There could be the entry or the exit to the pitroad, which could be located on a market place. But if those who go next have another vision, well feel free to do what's in your mind ;) In that case the hay bale and a few persons should be removed.

Who would like to do the next piece?
Attachments
JE83-2.zip
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
je83-2.png
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Well, it's time to polish up my rusty trackmaking skills. I'd take the middle square. :)
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Herbal, the "squares" have been reserved by Scholl, Txizzle and aliman, so they aren't available :worried: One of them should go next. But if somebody pulls out, you're the first to get the honor of replacing them, for sure.

Scholl, Txizzle, aliman, are you here? First come, first serve.

Btw, great job XYY! :up:
aliman

Post by aliman »

I'm still here. :) I could take one of the corner pieces, I feel like the center piece is such an important piece that I'm glad to leave it to someone else. :D

Btw looking great so far! I'll grab a corner and start working on it, I'll be back in a week.