Joint Effort Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Joint Effort Track Project

Post by AleksiNir »

I'm sorry to hear that, Txizzle, and don't worry about this project. I hope everything will be ok for you.

Who wants to take the last piece, then?
aliman

Post by aliman »

Well Herbal was interested previously, so if you're still interested Herbal you can grab it. Or you know, just anyone who'd like to! :D

Scholl wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 pmI know that driving over the church isn´t optimal. But I actually think it´s pretty cool.
The church is amazing, it just wrinkles my brain when I have to drive over the roof. :)

So should we do the "fixes" now or leave for the FT?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

I will repeat the question... who wants to do the final piece? Since people aren't exactly lining up for this, I think it's ok if someone that has already done a piece wants to do another one.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

I'll give it a go, however I'm away from home until Sunday night, so probably be done by Monday 😁
View my archived circuits/cars here
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'd be curious about your part which you wanted to present on Monday... today? :mrgreen:
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Me too. I actually haven't forgotten (well, much), I haven't found a very comfortable layout to add to it, especially feeling like it needs pits but expect it in the next 24 hours. :D
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Just before people think it's gone and buried, I finally hit an idea, sadly time for bed, should knock it out really quickly though :goodvibes:
Attachments
je_idea.jpg
aliman

Post by aliman »

Well, what's going on with this project?
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

aliman wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:42 pm Well, what's going on with this project?
Good question. Crowella, do you intend on finishing the square? The preview looks good.
martinsaw01

Post by martinsaw01 »

Oh wow, that furthest bridge looks very nice. It looks to be a bit out of perspective though, but that should be possible to fix with a bit of camera work. Good job on the track so far. :)
Mobdro Vip
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Nice church! I wish there was a little more life to the town, maybe there is too much paving in front of the closest houses. I'd suggest moving the road closer to those houses and add a few more buildings inside the pit hairpin :2c: :)
aliman

Post by aliman »

??? :mad:

Yoohooo...

Anybody home?

Let's get this done! Crowella whats's the situation?
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I'm up for the next project, count me in.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Although I'm not the project leader, I think that you could take up this square already, BRIX, unless we hear something from Crowella within the next 1-2 weeks... ;)
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

I've always wanted to make a track where the starting positions are from a parking lot. :D
If there won't be enough participants I can make one of the last squares, didn't know the previous project had only 5 slots.
Attachments
1.zip
(5.82 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
shot0001.JPG
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

That's a nice square :up:

But it'd be nice to get the previous one finished first... Since Crowella isn't showing up, anyone that is willing can do the final piece as far as I'm concerned.
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

:shock:
:scared:
:?
Attachments
abouttime.jpg
#JE83-5.zip
(59.88 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Crowella: That looks good but is there a chance of having an alternative layout that doesn't run over the church?

BRIX: That's a great start! I can take part in this. :)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

There is, but that wasn't my section *sweats nervously*
aliman

Post by aliman »

I'm not sure what the rules are regarding "final touches", but we could move the bridge more right and down to give more room behind it. I really wouldn't like to have to run over it. I don't have any problem if people want to make changes to my portion (bottom left).

BRIX: Looking good! I think we could make the next one sort of free-for-all, first come first served -type of project. So whoever POSTS the next piece first.

That way we wouldn't have to keep pushing someone to do their part. So for example for the next piece say TuomoH and I start making a piece, we wouldn't inform the thread and wait for acceptance etc. Instead we'd just download the current version, work on our pieces and if TuomoH finishes his part first and posts it then that's the "official" version. But we could make a gentleman's agreement that if I inform that I'd really like to make a piece but I'm slow, then you'd give me a moment to try to finish it. But if it takes longer than a predetermined time, then the next person could just jump on it immediately without notice. Because we've seen in this current project that people can disappear for weeks or for months (myself included).

That's just a suggestion, what do you think?

EDIT: Crowella: That looks great. We didn't mean to give you a hard time, sorry if that's how it came across. Just excited about this project :bsmile: (my first JE so I've just been waiting to see it finished)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I will take up the FTs for the JE83 track :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

My evening event was cancelled, so I figured I could quickly finish this track :)

I touched various details, trying to keep the individual style of each trackmaker yet unified some of the elements. I reworked the church (the perspective was very wrong, now it's hopefully a little bit better :shy: ) and moved it a bit further down, it is now possible to avoid driving over the "roof". I think it could be sufficient like that, but if there's still request for a version not going through the old town, I can as well include a second layout in the release

Any suggestions for the name? I suggest Ogoodt (random TE name which I liked) but if there are other proposals, I'm also happy to take them. :)
Attachments
je83-ft.png
JE83_FT.zip
(60.37 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
aliman

Post by aliman »

Well first of all, adding a zebra crossing to the bottom left was genius. Now the foot path actually makes sense. Something so simple made a big difference. Also love to have the trees + hay bales between village road and normal road at the start/finish straight. All around good stuff mate :bg:

I think it could well be released already and be a good track, but I want it to be a great track. :D The backwards J shaped booth structure at bottom left is ridiculous. :doh: I don't know what I was thinking at the time, it doesn't look good at all. Also the road down of the church joining the "main" road looks comically wide. There's also a gap between my and your parts that could use a little something. You could extend your building to "my" side. Or put a tree like I did below. Anything is better than an empty space. At the top of the map right where Scholl, AleksiNir and you meet there's an empty space. A stand? Maybe a carpark?

All in all, I think what this map needs is life. Like someone said the village looks a bit dead. There's a friggin' race going on, surely the whole town is there to watch. :D So just people everywhere and something to liven up the place.

I think there could be an "oval" layout that just goes around. Or one that comes down from the top left where you originally said that we could make a pit lane.

But, like I said, I like it already, you do you man. :bsmile: :bg:
Improvements.JPG
EDIT: Yes thank you for moving the church! :D And I like the name, sounds good, almost oddly good! :bsmile:
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Ogoodt sounds good to me
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Good work Crowella and XYY :up: I think Ogoodt is a good suggestion, it kinda seems like Dutch to me and this town could be Dutch :D

Aliman's improvements on his own square are great and it would be a shame to release the track without them... ;) Admittedly, at least my own square could use a similar treatment, so if you're willing aliman, go ahead.

Also, I approve of aliman's suggestion of how to handle the next track. I'd probably like to also do a square at some point, but not in the next few weeks though.