[rwl] [cir] Arctic Circle Raceway - Mo i Rana, Norway

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
JohnQ

[rwl] [cir] Arctic Circle Raceway - Mo i Rana, Norway

Post by JohnQ »

Arctic Circle Raceway
Mo i Rana, Norway
WS: 255
866m

Wikipedia:
Arctic Circle Raceway is a motor racing circuit in Norway. It is 25 kilometres (16 mi) north of Mo i Rana, 30 kilometres (19 mi) south of the Arctic Circle. The track was opened in 1995. The racetrack cost US$10 million to build. It supports 24-hour racing in full daylight in summer due to the midnight sun. It is the northernmost racetrack in the world.
Hello, it's been a while. AI and some other things can suck, but I don't care tbh. I've been working on it since 2011, I'm just tired :d.
Have fun, no returns.

edit: 1.01 available, because 10 years is not enough x). I've done some smoothing before the last corner.
Attachments
Arctic C R.rar
(78.73 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
arctic.png
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Arctic Circle Raceway - Mo i Rana, Norway

Post by XYY »

Hey JohnQ,
you certainly seem to deliver: 15 posts, 7 tracks and one of it is even a ToY - I see a Trackmaster contender here :D
Actually I'm surprised that this track is so green and even sandy, considering that it is so far up north, but then on the other hand, I just watched and it is a lot further in the south than I expected :D I think the track looks and drives great, and even when you say that some things may suck - I disagree. The AI line is decent, they're not super fast, but will beat any rookie still. Actually I really enjoyed having a little less trouble than racing on Crowella's recent tracks :shhh:

The landmap is great again, and I think those cliffs really look great! Also the hmap is really well worked, although on the long fast back-section, after the kink it's a bit too oriented downwards to the water if you ask me (I once got stuck there). But I can't see any big flaws here, rather a very solid track :)

Btw, seeing this track and Phillips Island, it really seems to be a thing to put a kart track with the same layout right next to the track for the "big bangers", right? :D
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

Trully amazing work here. Hat off.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Excellent set of new tracks. :up: This one was my favorite of the bunch, absolutely gorgeous. Also fun to race. Thanks for this gem! :hattip: