[cir] Natura Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Natura Park

Post by TuomoH »

This time I felt like making a medium-sized, classic circuit. The hmap is quite extensive even though you really see it only in some places. The AI has been designed for the original Formula.

Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment. :)
Attachments
naturapark.jpg
naturapark.zip
(54.1 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Kikwik

Re: [cir] Natura Park

Post by Kikwik »

First of all thanks TuomoH to keep it up with your trackmaking despite the actual worldwide situation ! I have so much ideas but no will to do anything at the moment, but you keep going no matter what. I can't tell where you find this will but it's sure welcomed, always a pleasure to see a new track from you or anyone really !

Driving is nice, surprised with the hmap in the middle top (little bump :goodvibes: ) and in the top right corner (huge hmap change but still driveable). Really funny !

AI is challenging, I had one AI missing the pits and kissing the wall repeatedly near the start/finish line but I think he was "gently" pushed by the other "kind" AIs. It was fun to watch, poor boy. :P

Lmap is charming, like we are in a rural area, with the farm at the bottom left and the little lake in the middle of the circuit. Surely, drivers after the race will be granted by apple pies and home-made beer, with an invitation to take some fishes at the lake or make a joyful walk in the nearby woods (or a pig race around the farm :rofl: )

Maybe it's because I have a headache and my eyes are hurting at the moment, but I think that those white lines along with the red and yellow pit lines make a harsh contrast when comparing it with the relaxing landscape around. Sure it's a circuit in a rural area but I would imagine it more like this, with the name Natura Park in mind :
Natura Park.png
But I understand that being it a circuit and not a rural road, you used those bright colors.

Rocks feel naturally placed especially those around this central lake. I don't see why you put some at the right of the farm though (with the little green pea in the middle) (I think to prevent cut cornering), would be aesthetically pleasing without them but that's just my thought and I'm in the nitpicky territory (very dangerous one as we may get shot at any moment). :sweatdrop:

Again I'm happy you keep going on trackmaking and I personally enjoy every release of yours so far. Thanks for Natura Park TuomoH. :)

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] Natura Park

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for the long comment, Kikwik, much appreciated. :hattip:
Kikwik wrote:I can't tell where you find this will but it's sure welcomed
Well, this is my all-time favorite game and trackmaking is the best part. I may have long stretches of inactivity but the urge to make a new track always comes at some point. :)
I had one AI missing the pits and kissing the wall repeatedly near the start/finish line but I think he was "gently" pushed by the other "kind" AIs.
I was afraid this might happen even though in my tests I didn't see it. It's hard to avoid this completely with tracks using this kind of pit entry/wall.
Maybe it's because I have a headache and my eyes are hurting at the moment, but I think that those white lines along with the red and yellow pit lines make a harsh contrast when comparing it with the relaxing landscape around. Sure it's a circuit in a rural area but I would imagine it more like this, with the name Natura Park in mind
I had the lines before any landscape so didn't think this. Also, the name came after I had finished the track. Your modification looks nice though. :)
I don't see why you put some at the right of the farm though (with the little green pea in the middle) (I think to prevent cut cornering), would be aesthetically pleasing without them but that's just my thought and I'm in the nitpicky territory (very dangerous one as we may get shot at any moment). :sweatdrop:
Being nitpicky means that most of the things are spot on. :mrgreen: Anyway, I started that rock formation on the yard as it needed something and nothing else seemed to fit. Only then I thought of extending it to prevent cutting. But to me it's aesthetically pleasing so in the end it's just about taste. ;)