Competitions ideas

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by Haruna »

Drift competitions have always been opinion. Some judges like to emphasise angle over speed, likewise speed over angle, so on, so forth.

There's no calulation in opinion.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
JWong

Post by JWong »

my belief is to have some kind of human judging as a part of the scoring system; they can look at the replays and such.
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

JWong wrote:my belief is to have some kind of human judging as a part of the scoring system; they can look at the replays and such.
you can be that guy? :scratch:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JWong

Post by JWong »

of course, and btw i know i am very persistant about it :P
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

ok, the scoring point's for the compo will be officially these:
1 sec drift= 100 pts
the drift only count when you do a skid mark in a turn,so you can't drift on straight.

plus points:
stylest drift: +650 pts
fastest drift: +500 pts
best use of the track: +700 pts
more angle drift: +700 pts

penalties:
mentioned before...

the time of drift and the penalties will be calculate by me and the style and these things will be calculate by jwong

if anyone is insterested pm me...
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
zgr

GeneRallyRacingFederation

Post by zgr »

i got a idea

simply: for championships
- Formula Championship
- TouringCar Cup
- MotoCup
- Rally GR Championship

not more than 6 drivers in one Cup
Calendar not more than 10 tracks (no rwl-tracks)

no login-system, just send the race to a e-mail, i'll give you

want you think :)
Hello.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Maybe I'd race in it - but organization would be complicated.
It would really be nice if the winner of each cup goes on to race in some kind of "champion's cup" though, if you want to do that.

dead14vii1640

Post by dead14vii1640 »

Not that hard to make...
We can copy the competition system AMA (American motorcyclist association) uses to avoid multi-class drivers.
· Drivers cannot compete in multiple divisions after the 3rd round if they are on the top 5 of any classification (although each driver will have 2 wild-card entries to use to "visit" the other cups).
Also, the top 2 of each competition will go to the playoffs, a championship with events using all the vehicles.

CRAZY IDEA: playoff championship will have 8 rounds, there's 4 kinds of vehicles... each driver will have to use each class 2 times... but he can select when (super-strategic bonus)!!!

Btw, each cup should have a minimum of 6 rounds for the divisions... I also recommend RWL tracks for the divisions but :gr: -only tracks for the playoffs.

What do you think?? Better now??
Power without control is nothing
"So long and thanks for all the meat"
Hangman

Post by Hangman »

I hope there will be some surprise competition with random tracks and cars. I would very likely take part in such competition.
Rampage.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Wanted to start a Super Special Championship event. Kinda "Race of Champions" but yeah, it's an Super Special Race held in a Super Special Stage! :D

For those who didn't know it, I let you review my Super SS Race concept...
Rendy wrote:Super SS Race
- Each driver will be put in a bracket.
- Each bracket includes a 1vs1 race using a Super SS track.
- Winners advance to the next round, until there's one winner.
- Best of 3 - Competitor who won 2 of 3 rounds wins.
ADDITIONS:
- Each bracket's match, the car that will be used is different. Example, for quarter finals, you use *bleep* car, and then semifinals use *bleep* and finals will use *bleep* (Car name censored so you can think of any rally car ;))
- If the competitors are more than 16, there will be a qualifying round determine which lucky 16 will be included. If less, well... You got the point :p
The problem is the login system... Although I know how but I still don't get it, and I'm afraid to have a competitor which logs in get the wrong file :p. However, for this compo, better use login system or not?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

what do you think about normal F1 competiton (calendar and cars from real 2010 season)?
LOGIN SYSTEM (racing codes) for Qualifications and for the Race (q-saturday, race-sunday)
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

tooomek wrote:what do you think about normal F1 competiton (calendar and cars from real 2010 season)?
LOGIN SYSTEM (racing codes) for Qualifications and for the Race (q-saturday, race-sunday)
Just one day for the race would be killer ;)
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Rendy wrote:Super SS Race
- Each bracket's match, the car that will be used is different. Example, for quarter finals, you use *bleep* car, and then semifinals use *bleep* and finals will use *bleep* (Car name censored so you can think of any rally car ;))
THIS. I remember the obscure PS2/Xbox game "Rally Fusion: Race of Champions" doing their Race of Champions event EXACTLY like this.

I'd race in it!

Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Quklis wrote:
tooomek wrote:what do you think about normal F1 competiton (calendar and cars from real 2010 season)?
Just one day for the race would be killer ;)
LOGIN SYSTEM with racing codes - you can do quali and race even at monday :)
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

Idea.
Maybe such can't be realised. I don't know many about GR mechanics.

AI VS Championship.
Whithout login. You drive againts 5 AI's, and starting on last position (better if you start even from pits). Race about 5-15 KM.
All 5's AI level equal! You choose that level yourself. You need end race on 1st place. Who win highest AI level, winner of the event.

In the end results will be as that
Player1 - 135 AI
Player2 - 133 AI
Player3 - 120 AI
Player*- 60 AI

I think damage should be about 50%
zsoltbartok

Post by zsoltbartok »

OK guys, a question:
Maybe you have spotted it in the tracks section that I am making short and narrow rwl kart tracks.
Would you be interested in a go-kart competition, using the original kart (Masa's model) on my kart tracks?
Similar to real amateur karting championships: same car, small tracks, 6-10 races.

My tracks are similar in a way that they are very short, narrow and you have to
a, push the AI out of your way a bit to make room for yourselves (but don't crash and the AI will push your car too)
b, no long straights, the focus is on sliding in tight corners as fast and precise as you can

So it certainly has a different racing experience. I think that the original gokart is best on such tracks.
I plan short races, max 10kms. No extreme tire wear because I suggest no pitting (as in real life). 5 AIs, not very strong, maybe max 70, mainly because the narrow tracks are frustrating enough if you haven't tried them, plus I thinks some overtaking/lapping is also fun.
One login race per week, no HL or TT. But no login system is also good, as amateur karting is not a very serious thing but mostly fun and login can be stressful sometimes.
As you can see nothing is decided yet, it's just an idea. So what do you think? If you are interested, I will certainly make it. I have 4 tracks already with 9 layouts altogether but I will make some 4-5 more and the compo will be ready to go.

BTW: the drifting compo is a must! LorSong's idea is also very interesting!
Formerly known as mizzamar, the GRC veteran Team Miskolc racer and occasional track-maker.
My new website: ZsoltBartokGames
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

LorSong wrote:Idea.
Maybe such can't be realised. I don't know many about GR mechanics.

AI VS Championship.
Whithout login. You drive againts 5 AI's, and starting on last position (better if you start even from pits). Race about 5-15 KM.
All 5's AI level equal! You choose that level yourself. You need end race on 1st place. Who win highest AI level, winner of the event.

In the end results will be as that
Player1 - 135 AI
Player2 - 133 AI
Player3 - 120 AI
Player*- 60 AI

I think damage should be about 50%
So this would be a login compo? Interesting... reminds me a bit of Project Gotham Racing series, where you would choose your own target or handicap... Quite an idea, although I think there would be a pretty large advantage to people who have a long time to train...
I like short, simple signatures!
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

bduddy wrote:So this would be a login compo? Interesting... reminds me a bit of Project Gotham Racing series, where you would choose your own target or handicap... Quite an idea, although I think there would be a pretty large advantage to people who have a long time to train...
I think, whithout login. Because when your drive whith fast AI, may happen everything. You try to win first time Low AI level, then higher and higher... But if make login compo, must be more than one attempt, maybe 3.
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

I can't understand, why in champs tracks and history more imponant than cars? ... I'm looking at few new chaps, and cars no interesting at all.
Maybe someone will be interesting too create highspeed champ... word "Highspeed" for me mean not fast time of lap, it mean big amplitude of speed. Fast on straights, slow on corners. For this needed cars with very low air resistance, not big power, and low grip. Trackes with long straights and slow corners... many RWL whith many straights tracks very good fo this.
for example such tipe of car (on this car very high downforce wings, but low grip)
Attachments
CarM_2K.rar
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Many of Haruna Say's cars are like that. They don't seem to be that popular among a lot of people, though...
I like short, simple signatures!
Sutinen

Post by Sutinen »

Hey! Before you start the drift competition, I can be a helper now.

Points are given from apex, style (feint, drop), speed (entry speed, exit speed), angle and overall corners points. Sadly, we wont have drift battles aka twin drifting. :(

Offically, if you touch alittle ground you would be disqualifed or if you lose your speed in corner, that would be too. :D

The most important thing is the speed. If you lose the speed when exiting corner, you would not get good points.

Hope I helped.

Also I have some new drift cars made, now with better physics. Their now Nissan sileighty and cefiro, if your interested.

And dont forget to make the tracks stages, there is no real laps in drifting, just points from stages. (Maybe some Ms made touges? bad thing is, no online)
.[̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅].YOU FOUND IT! YESH! YESH!
...... ಠ_ಠ
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

I would like to take part in an endurance race. :hyper:
Too bad that there hasn't been any Le Mans or something similar here at GRIF. :shrug:
Never participated in the times of the :rsc:
I'll just wait. :kickcan:
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Yes, James C. used to run those kind of competitions and he told us he may return for an endurance compo. Too bad that didn't come true. :S
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Yes, thats sad.
Still, maby some time...
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
Alex

Post by Alex »

About that game Rally Fusion: ROC i have that for PS2! Great game i might add. Has many legends of rally tournaments such as the Toyota RAV 4 and Opel Manta.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)