Competitions ideas

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Invictus

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by Invictus »

What does AFAIK mean? ;)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

tooomek wrote:What does AFAIK mean? ;)
As far as I know.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

Ivo Porč wrote:I don't see any advantage in that
When you want to make competition with qualify and race using LS with downloading files you need one week for qualify then one week for race. When you're using LS with racing code you just have to put links for logi to qualify and race. After qualify you just give additional time to players time from the race.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Not true. We're capable to build the downloading login for both (Q+R) in same week. BTW I already did it - Butterfly Cup S1 had qualy and race in same week (and set 0,25 sec. additional for each grid position) and downloading login, so I'm not kidding. ;)

The reason for two weeks is, that you need to know the results of qualy before the start of race to arrange the GP's grid - instead calculation of additional time to race times, which destroys pleasure from watching replays, because they don't fit to final results. It has nothing to do with type of login.
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

You said what I want say to You :)

Anyone know when this approaching F1 competition will be relased? Or it's just knowning Ivo? ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

then I really don't understand, why you mention just the code login. :?

Rumors say maybe half of December. :shrug:
Invictus

Post by Invictus »

It was kind of question :)
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

I want to make marathon race. (about 20 minutes). No one knows this track and car... Maybe make surprise login. Surprise car and track, or only track...
It will be interesting? Or make standart login Qualy + Race.
MD

Post by MD »

LorSong wrote:I want to make marathon race. (about 20 minutes). No one knows this track and car... Maybe make surprise login. Surprise car and track, or only track...
It will be interesting? Or make standart login Qualy + Race.
I think everything is interesting what is new :scratch:
BTW: Surprise login is fun. Marathon race is fun too. But I'm a bit afraid about the results of mixing the two. IMO a long-long race needs lot of practice before. But, despite, I absolutely would be in if you really launch this event :bg:
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
LorSong

Post by LorSong »

In long surprice race, can see how fast you can learn track and car, you should training and don't make mistakes in race.
I think it will be interesting...

If others says that track and car is good, after this event, I can make standart marathon...
MD

Post by MD »

You're the truth, absolutely. I only tried to explain that in your idea a big fail is just as possible as a big success.
I, of course, hope for the big success and I'm sure about you can do it right - if you keep it in your view. ;)
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Thunderace

Post by Thunderace »

I was wondering if anyone has done a Wtcc or Btcc championship?
I wouldnt mind taking part in one if anyone knows of one
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Thunderace wrote:I was wondering if anyone has done a Wtcc or Btcc championship?
I wouldnt mind taking part in one if anyone knows of one
Not WTCC, but I was organizing Generally Touring Car Championship for 2 seasons (and actually for the third one too, but then lack of motivation and not being available caused me to give the lead to Ivo... :?). Maybe if I'll have a bit more time, I could start a fifth season. But not now. :shake:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
oscarhardwick

Post by oscarhardwick »

What about bringing back GRASCAR, GRF1, GRLMS or any of the other once great championships, now i dont have the skill to do these things alone but with help i could produce championships similar to these for people to enjoy once more.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Le Mans would be a good idea to have back, just like GRASCAR. GRF1 will return soon by the Miskolc Foundation, if my news are correct. ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Buka

Post by Buka »

oscarhardwick wrote:What about bringing back GRASCAR, GRF1, GRLMS or any of the other once great championships, now i dont have the skill to do these things alone but with help i could produce championships similar to these for people to enjoy once more.
Isn't it too much at a time? :scratch: Resi told he's trying to make something with gr.f1 (as DXTR Herbal told). Dan was thinking about making GRASCAR-style compo. You can try to contact them.
And GRLMS... I think it has gone forever. Too much time and inspiration is needed, like JTarJ had. :shrug:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I´m thinking about one race competition using my GP cars and one of tracks (AVUS, Donington, Nice, Bremgarten, Monaco, Pirita Kose Klostrimetsa Ringrada, and maybe few more that I don´t remember now :D)

What do you think?

I hope too that Le Mans will return at least :). I was only thinking about GRASCAR :shrug:
oscarhardwick

Post by oscarhardwick »

Well GRASCAR is one i would LOVE to see. Nice to hear that GRF1 is on its way back but GRLMS... It would be great to have 3 or 4 big one of Le Mans style events each year, as Dan mentioned the actual GR lemans24 would be great, but also the 12h of sebring, Petit Le Mans and the suzuka 1000k amongst others, like i say i DO have the time to do some of these things but just havent a clue in how to do them (and yes I have read up on how to make competitions) but still cannot get my head around the login system and website building, its things like that where i need the assistance of a more skillful being.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dan Hakulín wrote:I´m thinking about one race competition using my GP cars and one of tracks (AVUS, Donington, Nice, Bremgarten, Monaco, Pirita Kose Klostrimetsa Ringrada, and maybe few more that I don´t remember now :D)

What do you think?
I think about it since my coming to GR. :D But I'm always stuck with lack of good tracks for Italian, French and Czechoslovak GPs, which are must-be IMHO (idea of Nice plus Monaco together in one season is not 100% attractive to my compo-organizing wishes). :D And don't forget Nepliget. ;)
Buka

Post by Buka »

oscarhardwick wrote:Well GRASCAR is one i would LOVE to see. Nice to hear that GRF1 is on its way back but GRLMS... It would be great to have 3 or 4 big one of Le Mans style events each year, as Dan mentioned the actual GR lemans24 would be great, but also the 12h of sebring, Petit Le Mans and the suzuka 1000k amongst others, like i say i DO have the time to do some of these things but just havent a clue in how to do them (and yes I have read up on how to make competitions) but still cannot get my head around the login system and website building, its things like that where i need the assistance of a more skillful being.
You'll always will find here help with login and website, IMO. But GRLMS as it was isn't good for today. Nowadays 2 and half men aren't enough for successful endurance events with 3 racers per team. I want to think I'm mistaken, but I don't believe we'll find enough drivers more than for 1 big endurance event in current situation.
Mr.J

Post by Mr.J »

Buka wrote:I want to think I'm mistaken, but I don't believe we'll find enough drivers more than for 1 big endurance event in current situation.
Unfortunately I think so too, but we should still strive to have atleast one.
Mabe James will find his motivation sometime. At least he is still "lurking around" ;)
Aviazione 1st in ToM September 2011
Proud driver ofECOlogic Racing Team
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

I'm doing the Super League Formula. Register!
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

@Ivo: And what about Reims by Gabor Kozma? I´m not sure if they are built as 60s or older :shrug:. At least it was used before war. Also you´ve been building Masaryk Circuit, have you continued with ot somehow? :D
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Herbal wrote:GRF1 will return soon by the Miskolc Foundation, if my news are correct. ^^
Yes, Madd Dogg is currently working on it now. Let's hope he does :P
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dan Hakulín wrote:@Ivo: And what about Reims by Gabor Kozma? I´m not sure if they are built as 60s or older :shrug:. At least it was used before war. Also you´ve been building Masaryk Circuit, have you continued with ot somehow? :D
The Reims are postwar - second section is very different from original (there is new bypass of the village in bottom and joining of the main road).

In case of Brno I stuck on hmap. :sorry:
Attachments
Reims279.jpg