The Official Thread of The Strange and Useless

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Alex

Re: The Official Thread of The Strange and Useless

Post by Alex »

Garbre wrote:Some of you from RSC might remember this. But for the new members I thought I should post this. Enjoy! :D
Are there any more of them? That was great!
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
resir014

Post by resir014 »

The Login Syndrome.

As we know, most GeneRally competitions use the Login System, to simulate real racing. This system requires you to do one attempt of a race, and then send the results and replays to the competition organizer within a limited amount of time. A few months back, I proposed a theory that a certain factor causes us to lose concentration during a login attempt. This is what I call the "Login Syndrome".
Last edited by resir014 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Paw

Post by Paw »

Well, I think, that's just the tention during your one and only attempt, and this tension can bee positive or negative, depending on your actual mood and many other factors. Learning to control this would be useful though :twisted:
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Surely logins can boost concentration, and if you make a quick laptime or something you can get some extra concentration (In GRC some time back I got 0.4 seconds faster laptime than my practices, and it did give some extra boost for the latter part of the race).

It would be nice trick to be able to release adrenaline while racing :scratch:
ziffs

Post by ziffs »

Being home for the holidays I've just noticed what I named our wireless network. "Hannu". It's been at least 4 years since I set that up. Silly game...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Believe it or not, if you enter http://www.generally-world.de.ms into the internet archive wayback machine, you can still download the files on the forum. It's a shame they didn't do this with RaceSimCentral.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Quklis wrote:Anyone knowing a solution to this 'A-gene' :really: , drivers with names starting with A seem to be faster :scratch: . Like GWR top3 Alx.it-Akouk-Alexsara79.
I'm sorry for bump and quote bump, but i noticed that M also is a good letter.
Everyone that name starts with M or esle is good/medium on trackmaker, or good/medium on racing.
Look: Martyn, Manzur, Maciej1, mizzamar, Madd Dogg, MEGA-DRIFTER(good on MICRO tracks), Markus Moeller, Murano, mizzamar, Madd Dogg(MISKOLC owner), ME-tan, Mr. J, Magenta Motors(maybe it is the reason of akouk power, A+M)...
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

The MNZ wrote:ME-tan...
Who the hellheck is Me-tan?
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Haruna wrote:
The MNZ wrote:ME-tan...
Who the hellheck is Me-tan?
Haruna is with amnesia. One nick with M and the effect is infinite.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

there have also been a few teams with names starting by M with some success - Motorsport Maids (though more single driver than a team), Motorama Racing, Magenta Motors, team Miskolc as well, some others too I think

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

McLaren, Maserati and Mercedes? xD
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Marcos? :D

sddsdsdsdsdsd
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Marcos haven't been that successful in racing. ;) I could add Mazda though for Group C and maybe other things. :D
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Two more things that i've noticed:

1-Recently Pahkasika abandoned lots of tracks, some almost finished. They're called Imesque and Osknockenheim. Ivo taked Osknockenheim and Pahkis taked Pahkis track(coincidence?) Imesque. Both was released and won ToM prize. But Osknockenheim is called on ToM as "Osknockenheim by Pahkasika" and Imesque is called "Imesque by HJ".

2-Do you already try to race on Masa tracks like Oily Loop, Twin Jump and Kyoro(with decorative marks) with TrackMania Stadium Car? It's so crazy...
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The MNZ wrote: 1-Recently Pahkasika abandoned lots of tracks, some almost finished. They're called Imesque and Osknockenheim. Ivo taked Osknockenheim and Pahkis taked Pahkis track(coincidence?) Imesque. Both was released and won ToM prize. But Osknockenheim is called on ToM as "Osknockenheim by Pahkasika" and Imesque is called "Imesque by HJ".
HJ's choice was far away from ''almost finished'' WIP, he did lot of work there. Otherwise corrected, both are credited on ToM now for this track.

And next time post that in ToM discussion thread, this one is for useless info. :bg:
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Trigger Happy wrote:
The MNZ wrote: 1-Recently Pahkasika abandoned lots of tracks, some almost finished. They're called Imesque and Osknockenheim. Ivo taked Osknockenheim and Pahkis taked Pahkis track(coincidence?) Imesque. Both was released and won ToM prize. But Osknockenheim is called on ToM as "Osknockenheim by Pahkasika" and Imesque is called "Imesque by HJ".
HJ's choice was far away from ''almost finished'' WIP, he did lot of work there. Otherwise corrected, both are credited on ToM now for this track.

And next time post that in ToM discussion thread, this one is for useless info. :bg:
It doesn't happens only in ToM but also in compos.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Did you know that the speed cars do in this game is nothing like real life? Most cars that are based on real performance or are made for competitions go a lot slower than their real counterparts; A GRC car, if it was real, would probably do 230kph whilst in the game it can only do about 180 when you're flooring it. The cars in GTGR are also very slow, the Nuova 500 is probably outran by a tortoise.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Do you use any tool to convert it? How do you made the math?
And should be interesting if you make their aprox. hotlap times on rwl GR tracks by proportion.
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Alex wrote:Did you know that the speed cars do in this game is nothing like real life? Most cars that are based on real performance or are made for competitions go a lot slower than their real counterparts; A GRC car, if it was real, would probably do 230kph whilst in the game it can only do about 180 when you're flooring it. The cars in GTGR are also very slow, the Nuova 500 is probably outran by a tortoise.
Many of the cars also have greater power to weight ratios than their real-world counterparts. This means that the acceleration time is essentially cut in half because of the weight advantage. This is even worse in GRM cars, ironically enough.

Alex

Post by Alex »

The MNZ wrote:Do you use any tool to convert it? How do you made the math?
And should be interesting if you make their aprox. hotlap times on rwl GR tracks by proportion.
Do a race with an opponent, and if you win it shows your speed as you cross the finish line.
Owner of Team GeneAlex
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Alex wrote:
The MNZ wrote:Do you use any tool to convert it? How do you made the math?
Do a race with an opponent, and if you win it shows your speed as you cross the finish line.
That speed is the average speed of the race, not the speed when you cross the line.

However, you can with some tool, TrackTool IIRC, examine the ghost lap and it shows the speed of the car at a point.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

Well, I've finally updated my Login Syndrome post.

Click here to read it. (or scroll up this page if you prefer)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Can you see similarity between the ''login syndrome'' and feelings before start e.g. of an online race in a racing simulation or being on real grid of a race, when everything is uncertain? Can you see, that login system was invented (among others) to simulate as much as possible these feelings similar to real racing to eliminate negatives of lack of online multiplayer mode in GR-compo racing, Resi?

It makes me always almost laugh and cry at same time, when I see same person blaming login system for being somehow unfair for not showing his ''real'' skill or similar talking and at same or later time saying how online multiplayer is necessary for him to be added to the GR and angry from lack of it. IMHO ''login syndrome'' is feature of login system, not its con or bug. ''Login syndrome'' makes login race closer by feelings to real racing contrary to unrealistic and thrill-less perpetual restarting and repeating of ''races'' in no-login event. And if an online multiplayer would be once added to GR, its ''login syndrome'' would be even stronger.

It's mark of good driver in real, in online racing and in our login system, that he manages his thrill before the battle and takes the checkered flag. Isn't it?
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I know, but I didn't make this experiment to "blame" login system for causing havoc in our login attempts. I'm just showing the facts that are existent in our lives. :P
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

What should I do if that happens to me? :D
I didn't get out ;)
Attachments
haybale.gif
haybale.gif (309.82 KiB) Viewed 56648 times