[tou] BTCC 2011

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

[tou] BTCC 2011

Post by Lukeno94 »

Well, here it is, my version of the 2011 BTCC season. It does not include the Central Group Racing-entered Honda Integra, or the Welch Automotive-built Proton Gen-2 as neither have been raced yet and there are no images of them: however, all other cars have been made. I have made models of the Integra and Gen-2, although I really don't like my Gen-2, so these could well be added later.

I've taken the decision to not make the rear wings, instead I've used those extra vertexes/polies to produce a better model. After all, the wings disappear in a large amount of places whilst racing, so you won't miss them (I hope). Physics are basically a tarmac-based version of the OHS ones, with more tarmac grip but far less grip off the track.

Please enjoy these and post constructive comments!
Attachments
BTCC 2011.zip
(8.31 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
BTCC 2011 small.png
ivaneurope

Re: [tou] BTCC 2011

Post by ivaneurope »

Wow. We will have 2 BTCC 2011 carpacks. We still wait for Herbals version.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

We usually end up with multiple BTCC carpacks ;)
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Well... :bsmile:

I took your cars around Brands Batch and was pleased by the fact that the cars even felt as if they had different specs so that every car would have its strengths and weaknesses. The strongest car on the grid for example is the Ford Focus, however it is also a bit handicapped by the fact that it is a bit heavier than the 20 bhp weaker Chevy Cruze and Honda Civic for example. The car inspector did a great job in revealing this stuff... :D
The result is a well balanced car pack, also the other cars are a real pleasure to drive and I like the fact that some cars are a bit twitchier than others, therefore work the tyres a bit harder and all that stuff - just like in the real BTCC. :)

A good benchmark for the upcoming BTCC pack by Herbal - last time I actually preferred his 2010 version over your 2009/2010 carpack.

But let's see... :)
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Thanks! I did indeed aim to balance the NGTC-engined machines against the S2000 ones, as you've rightly spotted, and I did indeed make different balances for all the cars - the RWD Audi A4 and BMW 320si also have a slight increase in grip on Tarmac1 (to reflect their starting advantage) and a higher sliding value.
Tonga

Post by Tonga »

Hi Luke,

instead of finishing my term paper for university, I again fell for this nice little game - and ... well ... ended up racing BTCC season after season... :shy:

There's one thing I don't want to leave unmentioned:

I didn't realize at first although I mentioned it in my previous post. My beloved Honda Civic has just 280 bhp and a top speed of 70 which puts it in a row with the fully S2000 Chevy Cruze. However this shouldn't be the case. The real Civic this year has its S2000 chassis matched with a new NGTC engine, so it should have about 300 bhp and a higher top speed than the Chevy Cruze which would rather put it in a row with the Ford Focus Global. With the current specs, Thruxton was like hell and at Rockingham I was only able to close the gaps in the infield corners before the NGTC cars then pulled away on the oval part. Probably the spookiest moment was when even the AmD Milltek Golf left me waaaaaaaay behind and would even outrun some of the other cars... :shock:

So in short, the Civic desperately needs its new engine... :D

I already updated the values for myself, but you might want to update the car pack. :bg:
/ / / Team Honda Racing / / /

Cheers,
Tonga
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

You're absolutely correct, of course - I've updated it for myself, will hold onto it until I get images of the Integra and Gen-2, when I release it.

Thanks for the heads-up, no idea how I missed that!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Any more comments? :)
akeemwhite

Post by akeemwhite »

:shock: dyam good cars man :bg: :up:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Thank you akeemwhite! :)
mikeact

Post by mikeact »

Excellent designs, since always it has us used. Thank you friend. :bg: :bsmile: :D
Palm

Post by Palm »

Thank you very mach :bg: