[cir] [ovl] PCA Park

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
The MNZ

[cir] [ovl] PCA Park

Post by The MNZ »

Here is new track(my first following G. Marques tutorial):
PCA PARK

Description:
The Pacific Coast Academy joined enough money to create a small circuit to the students have a bit of fun. The circuit hosts as the main event the PCA4H, a event made on go-karts to take its main resistance. The circuit also hosts a intern event called Blix PCA Random Series, which is made on a random layout with a random vehicle. Both are actually won by Quinn Pensky and her teammate Lola Martinez.
The layout is very fast, having some sturns to allow overtaking and some to turn it harder. The braking points are generally easy. The oval track inside has 5 turns but it don't means high speed, althought the actual speed record on track (by Quinn Pensky also) being surprisingly 391 kph.
The track has also a mini track for testing which is common confused with a go-kart track. It was made with very high-speed to test resistance and braking. Thanks to it Chase Matthews hosted the speed record on the track (243kph) using the same go-kart that he used to defeat Logan Reese.
Track capacity is 87.000 spectators and was opened on 2005.
On rar:
  • Two layouts which could be used along a palette included
  • Two layouts which could be used without it
  • A Readme
As my last track, i have the something bad feeling, and this time are the excessive bushes. But i think that it's OK.
The road track with the palette.
The road track with the palette.
The clockwise oval without the palette.
The clockwise oval without the palette.
PCA Park.rar
(128.99 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
:feedback:
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [cir] [ovl] PCA Park

Post by Black Rebel »

It lloks quite clean, and the layot is interesting, but maybe the runoff areas are not well placed. Example, T1.
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

More comments, please?
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

bush are too ordered IMO :shhh:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Not bad at all, but like Trigger said, the run-off areas are placed very awkwardly. Turn one is a huge deathtrap waiting to happen :p, and although the arbor day foundation would love all of the nice bushes that you've planted, they are placed a bit too neat for my liking. They're a bit blocky, and you can round them off a little bit.

Other than that, I'd have to say that you did a pretty fine job. When making a track, think like Bernie Ecclestone and see to it that each corner is *fairly* safe. Man, turn one sticks out like a sore thumb for all of the wrong reasons! Lose a tyre there and you had better kneel down and kiss your butt goodbye! And on the second to last straight, that protruding wall is just insult to injury :scared:. Best not to pass on the outside of someone there, especially if they are a tad bit defensive

67/100 I'll say. Not bad at all, but there's room for improvement! I will say that it is a wonderful track to run GP2, Formula Renaults and F2 cars on though!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I haven't said here anything. ;)

But Black Rebel is right, the runoffs look bit weird by depth on both sides. Looks loosely like some runoffs on circuits, which are designed for running in both directions (like Slovakia Ring). :scratch: Out of that is not bad, just pretty square-like. :(
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Trigger Happy wrote:I haven't said here anything. ;)

But Black Rebel is right, the runoffs look bit weird by depth on both sides. Looks loosely like some runoffs on circuits, which are designed for running in both directions (like Slovakia Ring). :scratch: Out of that is not bad, just pretty square-like. :(
I meant Black Rebel, lmao. Oops!
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hmm, you've watched Zoey 101 eh? :misch:
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

@Alex:No, it's a coincidence. :P I am also thinking about more TV series-based tracks(like Chaotic Rally, Del Ocho Drag and Ragtag Raceway). Also Samba School Series.
@Maxi:I was out of ideas so i managed this one of lots of decorative bushes.
@Trigger, @David and @pepsibottle: I'm not so good on autodromed circuits, only in roa/stc. You could see the squarish reason in Pogril walls.