F1 -Season 2010 *spoiler*

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.

Who will win the 2010 drivers' championship?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 pm

Webber
43%
Alonso
28%
Hamilton
No votes
Vettel
25%
Button
5%

Total votes: 40
GeneSuomi

Re: F1 -Season 2010

Post by GeneSuomi »

maclape wrote:
Sorry guys, he's back :misch:
Latest guy whowon his first Ferrari-race was cruelly fired after third year :coffee:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

maclape wrote:Sorry guys, he's back :misch:
*grumble*...

Pity about Vettel indeed. It will be a very interesting season with 4 top teams :scratch: And also for the midfield, and how the newbies progress.
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

The Great Falcon wrote:
Ivo Porc wrote:BTW if you want to see some nice rally action, TGF, focus on IRC.
Didn't knew it existed... I;m now fan on facebook so I'll hope getting some updates on what's going on in this... I don't actually what are the driver or anything so... :scratch: I'll watch it, I promise :D
Looks like you're true rally fan :roll:

New Fiesta is quite good looking :scratch:
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

maclape wrote: Sorry guys, he's back :misch:
Yes indeed he's back :headbang: boy how I hate this unfriendly, arrogant bigmouth!
I'm glad I'm not brasilian (In a way that I'm not from the same country as Alonso! :sick: )
(I must admit he's a good driver, ofcourse). :shrug:
Last edited by The lost Ninja on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serginho

Post by Serginho »

Massa will win in the next round! :D
SR|12
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Quklis wrote:New Fiesta is quite good looking :scratch:
Are you masochist? :viking:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Awfully boring start of the season with boring racers on boring cars on boring tracks with boring commentator (in Ukraine). No passion, no fight for victory and too many outsiders. Toro Rosso looks like gods with all this lotuses, virgins and HRTs :sick: GR version of rebuild Bahrein is much more interesting than real and it's awful.
If I'd watch it alone without my brother I'd sleep like I did last year a few times. Maybe I did expect too much from this race, but I more and more understand that I need to find another racing serie without so much pathos and with more fighting.
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

The lost Ninja wrote:
maclape wrote: Sorry guys, he's back :misch:
Yes indeed he's back :headbang: boy how I hate this unfriendly, arrogant bigmouth!
I'm glad I'm not brasilian (In a way that I'm not from the same country as Alonso! :sick: )
(I must admit he's a good driver, ofcourse). :shrug:
Err... Alonso is Spanish, right? Surely I don't have that mixed up...
I like short, simple signatures!
Raska

Post by Raska »

Buka wrote:Awfully boring start of the season with boring racers on boring cars on boring tracks with boring commentator (in Ukraine). No passion, no fight for victory and too many outsiders. Toro Rosso looks like gods with all this lotuses, virgins and HRTs :sick: GR version of rebuild Bahrein is much more interesting than real and it's awful.
If I'd watch it alone without my brother I'd sleep like I did last year a few times. Maybe I did expect too much from this race, but I more and more understand that I need to find another racing serie without so much pathos and with more fighting.
:iagree:
Even the commentator part.. The new rules aren't a success IMO but hopefully they changed the pointing system, so we have the suspense for the 9-10th places..

Hopefully, the motogp series will be back in april !
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm afraid that the MotoGP class is now as boring as F1 in past years (only 17 machines on grid, even less than in F1 had cars). I watched only 250ccm and 125ccm in past years. I'm curious about the new Moto2 with 39? riders on grid. Pity, that I cannot watch Indy and WSBK regularly. :( WSBK is IMHO best moto action in presence and Indy at least have true street tracks, not like F1-fakes. :shrug:
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

All I'm going to say is BTCC.

Seriously, if you like good close racing and action all the way from the beginning to the end, watch BTCC(and the whole 6 hours or so of various race classes.). I'd rate it easily as the best broadcasted racing series.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

Ivo Porc wrote:Pity, that I cannot watch Indy
Indy had one more great race today :popcorn:. They're always a lot better than those boring formula 1 races we have last times...

For touring/stock cars, yes, BTCC is good... but NASCAR is the best, always exciting and awesome races.
ECOlogic Racing Team
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

bduddy wrote: Err... Alonso is Spanish, right? Surely I don't have that mixed up...
Yes you're right, he's from spain, I don't know why I made THAT mistake!
I was sure there was a brasilian/brazilian flag behind his name on television yesterday! :?
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

The lost Ninja wrote: I was sure there was a brasilian/brazilian flag behind his name on television yesterday! :?
You have a strange television :roll:
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Cristiano Bohessef wrote:but NASCAR is the best, always exciting and awesome races.
Always exciting races that have pace car on the way for half of the race? Though next weekend there's Bristol which is just best oval ever.

Pity that ALMS and LMS have lost so many competitors, they were great a few years backwards.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Yeah, I can't really say that Nascar is the best series, although I watch them too ocassionally. The plate races, road races and some of the faster and more historic ovals are good, but there's just so much of filler, and most of the races are just a borefest. Might be because of bad directing though.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm quite bored by ovals (with exemption of Speedway GPs and another moto actions on flat dirty ovals like Polish or British league or Golden Helmet in Pardubice). The Nascar races are so long and there are too many breaks. Sometimes I feel like they make the yellow phases with with pace car only because needing to have another advertisements. :shrug:
Cristiano Bohessef

Post by Cristiano Bohessef »

Quklis wrote:Always exciting races that have pace car on the way for half of the race?
Having many yellow flags is a great thing because the cars can always stay close during the race :cool:
1nsane wrote:and most of the races are just a borefest. Might be because of bad directing though.
Ok, some ovals are terrible, such as Pocono and Phoenix... But even the bad races are good, because you never know who is going to win :hiya:
Ivo Porc wrote:The Nascar races are so long and there are too many breaks.
I like long races, because many things can happen... But I agree with the breaks, in fact it is a big problem :shrug:

But anyways:
Watching Formula 1 I'm like this: :coffee:
Watching Nascar I'm like this: :popcorn:
ECOlogic Racing Team
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

The Nascar races I saw on Viasat were nicely broadcasted though. When the US tv was on a break, Viasat showed onboard views or then the balloon shots and played the live sounds.

The breaks were rather silly during the Daytona 500. They propably showed more commercials than racing. And the additional hole on the ground gave them a good reason to show... Wait was it 2 more hours of ads? "It takes just 10-15 minutes to patch the track up and everything will be fine!" Yeah... If I had known it would take that long I would have actually done something during the break instead of sitting and waiting for it to start, sketching some pictures. :mrgreen:

Oh and Ivo, they indeed have thrown the invisibris yellows every now and then to even the field again... I'm not against that though, that makes the racing more interesting. :P
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Cristiano Bohessef wrote:But anyways:
Watching Formula 1 I'm like this: :coffee:
Watching Nascar I'm like this: :popcorn:
I don't like NASCAR that much... I just like when there is crashes :D THIS is entertainement :nod: :rofl:
maclape

Post by maclape »

The lost Ninja wrote: Yes indeed he's back :headbang: boy how I hate this unfriendly, arrogant bigmouth!
Wow nice comment! Please shut up, fortunately i'm glad i'm from Spain, and this has nothing to do with a famous person. Thinking this way is awful. What a piece of s**t.

Right now i don't know who is more 'arrogant bigmouth', you or him.

Thanks for your love to all the spaniards, sure we're like (you think) Alonso is. Arghh.
Raska

Post by Raska »

Ok guys, keep cool... the tastes aren't to be discussed. Some people might like Alonso (or anybody) or the contrary, both positions are acceptable as long as we don't insult each others. Now, I must say that maclape is right and a such generalisation is just wrong :
The lost Ninja wrote:I'm glad I'm not brasilian (In a way that I'm not from the same country as Alonso! :sick: )
I suppose it was a kind of joke even if I don't find it funny and if I don't understand, without speaking of the mistake, what he meant. As it is, TLN insulted all the brasilian and spanish people (approximatively 237 millions of people)... as he don't like Alonso. But fortunately we all are different and not all the spanish people are like Alonso, or if you prefer not all the germans are like Schumacher or... Hitler. In fact, there is only one Fernando Alonso driving for Ferrari, as there is only one maclape or one TLN around here.
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Raska wrote:as he don't like Alonso. But fortunately we all are different and not all the spanish people are like Alonso, or if you prefer not all the germans are like Schumacher or... Hitler.
He was Austrian by the way :P

Though he moved to Germany.. Like TLN :really:

I know, this is going way off topic..
The lost Ninja

Post by The lost Ninja »

@Maclape:
I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked by me.
You're right, I should've chosen my words more wisely.
I certainly didn't want to insult you, or any other spanish people (except Alonso.... ;) ). or brasilian ;)
Neither would I call you an arrogant bigmouth, like you did, because I don't even know you!
My opinion about him comes from the days that he and Schumacher had some kind of battle between them, not only on the circuit, but also afterwards.
This made Alonso very unsympathic (for me).
Then again, Schumacher's agressive style of driving also doesn't make him very friendly either, thinking of what he did to Damon Hill, or Jaques Villeneuve some years ago.
I'm not a fan of Michael Schumacher, but must admit he broke almost every record a F1-pilot COULD break, and also have to say that most of the time, especially after his last race in Bahrain, his comments are very professional and human.
He never attacked other races besides the races themselves, something that can't be said about Alonso.
That's why I still call him a bigmouth.
....'nuff said.
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

I like quite much Melbourne's circuit and seeing the cars go at 300kph in these twisty turns and all is quite impressing... I'm looking forward to a yellow flag and even worst within the 5 first laps tomorrow... Otherwise, it will be cool anyway... And dangerous :hiya:

Anyone knows if Monster Energy have any implications into F1?