[stc] Noflax

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Maciej1
GeneRally Wizard

[stc] Noflax

Post by Maciej1 »

Hi guys.
Small street circuit: Noflax.
Enjoy. :wave:
Attachments
Noflax.jpg
Noflax.zip
(56.27 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
"Genius does not argue, it creates"
Please visit my GeneRally website.
GeneRally World Tour
orimarc

Re: [stc] Noflax

Post by orimarc »

Looking at your track, and noticing how "realistic" it looks (it even has zebra crossings), I noticed what GR needs for better street tracks:

Traffic lights.
cocney

Post by cocney »

The track is great as always. A lot of details but there is only street lights missing. Great job again.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Unlike others here, I don't think that the track is as great as other tracks which you made :| Just to name a few things:
- The roads are too wide. I know sometimes it may be more fun, but it takes away the typical challenge of a street course. Also the parking lots are too wide.
- The object made of pedestrian bridges looks very strange :?
- The shadows of the trees and the texture under them makes a strange visual effect
- Why would anyone make a zebra crossing while there is a pedestrian overpass at the same location?
- The track lacks traffic signs
- Although it may be like that in real-life too, the length of the middle lines is too differing. Also, why are the stop lines dashed?
- Some of the buildings are really well thought but have the wrong hmap under them (e.g. pit building booth to the very right, booths under office blocks in top-left)

Of course the track is not bad. But this may be one of the very rare chances this year that you don't get a ToM someone else gets a :tom: :D
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Like XYY said, it is a good track, but it will not be the best track in the next :tom:, that's for sure. :D And some corners are a bit too angled so therefore I don't like them very much. :|
jefcam

Post by jefcam »

Nice Track!

Your tracks are always super. Hope to see more real life circuits like the last one you made - Interlagos.

How much time it takes you to make a track like interlagos?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

XYY wrote:Also the parking lots are too wide.
I tested it with default cars and looked OK to me - width of car and some room on sides to open the doors. On opposite I often feel parkings being too dense on other tracks.
XYY wrote:- Why would anyone make a zebra crossing while there is a pedestrian overpass at the same location?
Would you walk up and down the stairs or walk across the road? Also it looks rather like permanent joint between two office blocks accessible only for office rats employed there than temporal bridge. :taped:
XYY wrote:- The track lacks traffic signs
Temporary removed for safety reasons? :scratch:

Finally I don't think, that the layout is too wide, but basically it's about mix of 45°, 90°, 135° and 180° corners. It has sense on stc, but maybe it misses one unusual corner. In sum it's really cute street track, with mentionable + for using smaller WS than usually. :)
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Trigger Happy wrote:
XYY wrote:Also the parking lots are too wide.
I tested it with default cars and looked OK to me - width of car and some room on sides to open the doors. On opposite I often feel parkings being too dense on other tracks.
The width/length ratio doesn't fit, but I also think they could not only be longer, but also a bit more narrow.
Trigger Happy wrote:
XYY wrote:- Why would anyone make a zebra crossing while there is a pedestrian overpass at the same location?
Would you walk up and down the stairs or walk across the road? Also it looks rather like permanent joint between two office blocks accessible only for office rats employed there than temporal bridge. :taped:
I don't know, for me it looks just a bit stupid and misplaced while other places lack zebra crossings which would be certainly deserved :scratch:
cocney

Post by cocney »

IMO That someone else made this track that we will say that it is super or great. When Maciej1 make track we all especially looks for some mistakes that on other tracks we doesn't see :ashamed: .
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I see it the other way around. I think that everyone many say, a Maciej track has to be good, so they don't sees things that they could regconise if someone else made it. Also I'm not trying to decry the track, I just try to help him to improve his tracks which aren't as good as the others :meditate:
ACM

Post by ACM »

I personally didn't feel the track to be too wide. In fact, finding the perfect driving route here was quite difficult, and I could feel the constraint at places. The track is much trickier than it looks.

As for parts of buildings being higher than others, that to me has more to do with the limitation of the game engine. While you could adjust the h-map underneath to try and make the buildings level, I think the wonky h-map/lighting artifacts that would result from doing that would make the overall track look uglier than what it is now.

Good job, Maciej1, by the way.
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

As some of you may know already, mostly I'm not very fond of [rwl] tracks.

That's why I'm very happy to see Maciej1 make a smaller, fictional street track of a great quality :D Have not tested it yet, though.
As I said, the track looks great, but may lack some uniqueness that some even this small [stc] tracks have got.

For now, before testing, this could be a 4/5 track :) Please continue making more these small [stc] and [cir] tracks!
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

After testing, the track drives good! It's quite challenging :)

However, with some cars AI tend to hit the walls systematically on points showed on the pic.
I know that the AI line is probably designed for the original Formula or some other specific car, but this is still pretty annoying at times :?

EDIT: Yay 123rd post!
Attachments
AI_hits.JPG
AI_hits.JPG (17.08 KiB) Viewed 3091 times
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!