Track of the Month - February 2010

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Raska

Track of the Month - February 2010

Post by Raska »

Hello everyone, :wave:

this is the thread where you have to nominate tracks posted in february 2010 for the ToM. The tracks will then be posted on the nominees Site.

If you don't know what the Track of the Month (ToM) is, then take a look at its website, please.

Note: Please keep this thread just for nominations, all of the discussion should take place in the discussion thread. One nomination per each track is enough. Posting other stuff than nominations in this thread is likely to be deleted by an moderator to keep everything as clean as possible. Thanks.

When you nominate you have to mention the track name, the author(s) and the link to the thread/post, but please never edit your nomination posts, as your changes could be overlooked.

Example: Shiskebaba by GRF - thread

Please read the rules if you haven't read them so far.

thank you for your help, :ghug: :mrgreen:
You are a part of the community, so vote for the ToM Track of the Month

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

All my results thanks to the GWR
thegreatfalcon

Re: Track of the Month - February 2010 (nomination period)

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Intro by Halama
Iconiq Circuit by Ms...
Ivalo by TheCactusMan
Lakeshire International Raceway by IndyCarMan
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Links MIGHT help...
Skiba

Post by Skiba »

Intro by Halama
Lakeshire International Raceway by IndyCarMan
Sorry for my English
Webmaster Forum
Buka

Post by Buka »

Raska wrote:When you nominate you have to mention the track name, the author(s) and the link to the thread/post, but please never edit your nomination posts, as your changes could be overlooked.
Oh, come on, people, please read rules and previous posts.

Cactooza by Thecactusman
Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Partikol by AleksiNir
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Ivujivik by TGF
Ricardo Tormo Circuit (Valencia) by future design
Elkwood Kartways by .:spawnhypno:.
Ostenbluch by egamad
Opdicus Park by egamad
Novreg by dan Hakulin
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Quklis

Post by Quklis »

Raska

Re: Track of the Month - February 2010 (VOTATION PERIOD)

Post by Raska »

Hello everybody ! :wave:

Thanks to all nominators and Ivo (for his quick work) ! :bg: We can continue our votation marathon and so ...

The votation for the Track of the Month of january 2010 starts (again) right now !

Just look throught the nominees list, that you can see here and choose your prefered tracks up to five.

Please vote via PM to me. If you've got a different nickname than on RSC, please tell me your old name in the PM. Alright. Time to vote is until March 21, 20:00 GMT. :cflag:

Every votes are important and more there are better it'll be. :ghug: If you disagree, don't understand or want to change something, just tell it in the discussion thread. We are here for you.

And don't forget to race in the ToM compo, season 7 :)

Useful links:
The rules and how to vote (note that they're not up-to-date, as it's unclear what the new "home" of ToM will be)
The nominations of the last month

http://tom.gene-rally.com/index.php

Best regards,
Raska

Competitions I've won :
• America's Cup • F1Cup Season 14 • GR Ski World Cup 2006 • GWL Season 16 • The Ultimate Full-screen Rally • ToM compo Seasons 2 & 3 • JE Challenge Season 1

Raska

Post by Raska »

A little bit more than one week to go, it's time for a first checking on this votation. For now, we have (24) voters : bduddy, Buka, Cristiano Bohessef, DRV, Quklis, Raska, TGF, XYY, AleksiNir, jo.sk, Ivo, Garbre, Virtuoso, A1 Aaron, Resident, Mizzamar, BBA, Thecactusman, Sergey, TuomoH, haq, GRaucho, DiSi! & LongBow.

We have a clear and surprising podium, 11 tracks in the provisional pack and 15 voted tracks on 15 nominees... :yummy: That's a good start but we surely needs more voters. Every vote is important, everyone can vote and every opinion is important & right. Help us to give a little bit of recognition to our excellent trackmakers !

EDIT: After three more voters, the podium changed and 13 tracks have got at least two votes... to be continued. ;)

Competitions I've won :

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Tomorrow the February election ends. Don't forget to send to Raska your votes, guys. :yummy:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Somwhere, we are tomorow, so I wanna know the results! :mbounce:
Raska

Post by Raska »

It's the last day of the election. We have already 21 voters so we are progressing. :champa: I noticed a strange thing... most (60%) of the involved trackmakers aren't voting, that's surely strategical but at this level that's new IIRC.

Anyway with 21 voters it's already very interesting... we have a strong podium and two tracks fighting for the victory. Still 13 tracks in the provisional pack and all the nominees got at least one vote. No tracks outside the nominees were voted. :misch:

EDIT :

@ TGF : Still a little bit more than 16 hours to wait... ;)

Competitions I've won :

Thecactusman

Post by Thecactusman »

what does IIRC mean? :scratch:
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Thecactusman wrote:what does IIRC mean? :scratch:
Looking at Wikipedia: (informal) If I remember correctly, if I recall correctly
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/IIRC
Raska

Track of the Month - February 2010 - RESULTS

Post by Raska »

Hello :gr: people,

The election is now ended and we had 24 voters. It's enough but let's try to be more for the next votation, more we are better the result will be. :ghug:

21th March 2010 - ToM February 2010 results are online :

1) Iconiq Circuit by Ms... - Forum thread
2) Ricardo Tormo Circuit by future design - Forum thread
3) Partikol by AleksiNir - Forum thread

detailed results

detailed results

Thank you to the 24 voters ! :bg: Congrats to all the voted trackmakers ! Particularly to Masa :king: for his third :tom: title and the second in a row ! Only 6 trackmakers (SpeedFreek, Markus Möller, Aeon, Pahkasika, PitbullFIN & DiSi!) have done that before you. :clap: And nobody achieved to win three in a row.. :misch: Really interesting and close result :up: once again a strong podium (with a great comeback for Partikol) and for once a track voted outside of the nominees, thanks to LongBow... Don't forget to nominate the tracks you like ! :bg:

The trackpack will come very soon..
Attachments
votes_2010-02.zip
(653 Bytes) Downloaded 141 times

Competitions I've won :

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Track of the Month - February 2010

Post by Trigger Happy »

Small problem, Lehe Bay (the one voted by LongBow, which wasn't nominated) was released in past at RSC and took part in July 2009 election (earned 1 vote), so this track is non-votable in this election for February 2010. I think that egamad warned about something like it in the tracks' topic. The vote should not be counted. :shrug:

Big congrats to Ms..., future design, AleksiNir and surely to egamad too, for their deserved great success. :bg:
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Congrats Ms..., two ToMs in a row!! :clap: Iconiaq is a great track, and deserves this victory. And egamad - 35 votes received in one month. :shock:

Thanks to my voters, it's great to be on podium again (on a track I made alone) :banana:
Raska wrote:I noticed a strange thing... most (60%) of the involved trackmakers aren't voting, that's surely strategical but at this level that's new IIRC.
Yes, it's strange... for me voting has always been self-evidence, even if I would lose victory because of that. (which btw happened at July 09 election)
thegreatfalcon

Post by thegreatfalcon »

Congrats to Ms... even though I wish FD's Valencia would have won since I actually like it more...

Thanks for those 2 votes for Ivujivik BTW... Didn't expected any... :P
Raska

Post by Raska »

Ivo Porc wrote:Small problem, Lehe Bay (the one voted by LongBow, which wasn't nominated) was released in past at RSC and took part in July 2009 election (earned 1 vote), so this track is non-votable in this election for February 2010. I think that egamad warned about something like it in the tracks' topic. The vote should not be counted. :shrug:
Damn :doh: and thinking that I had to do additional work for counting it. :flip: Ok, I'll update the votes and files. BTW I'll upload the pack in the next days..
AleksiNir wrote:Yes, it's strange... for me voting has always been self-evidence, even if I would lose victory because of that.
Keep it on !! :bg: That's the good spirit.

EDIT : Ok, I've withdrawed the vote for Lehe Bay and edit the result's post with a new .txt file of the result. Thanks to GeorgM's beautiful system it was easy... well I couldn't withdraw the track from the nominees list but you can't watch that. :mrgreen:

Competitions I've won :

Thecactusman

Post by Thecactusman »

Congratulation to Ms for his second ToM in a row...i'm happy..fourth is a good position :D (for the second time)...i must improve my self :headbang:
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

Raska wrote:
Ivo Porc wrote:Small problem, Lehe Bay (the one voted by LongBow, which wasn't nominated) was released in past at RSC and took part in July 2009 election (earned 1 vote), so this track is non-votable in this election for February 2010. I think that egamad warned about something like it in the tracks' topic. The vote should not be counted. :shrug:
Damn :doh: and thinking that I had to do additional work for counting it. :flip: Ok, I'll update the votes and files. BTW I'll upload the pack in the next days..
AleksiNir wrote:Yes, it's strange... for me voting has always been self-evidence, even if I would lose victory because of that.
Keep it on !! :bg: That's the good spirit.

EDIT : Ok, I've withdrawed the vote for Lehe Bay and edit the result's post with a new .txt file of the result. Thanks to GeorgM's beautiful system it was easy... well I couldn't withdraw the track from the nominees list but you can't watch that. :mrgreen:
Damn, I didnt realized that Lehe Bay was already released.....and it seems I overlooked Egamad warning about it as well....its time to buy some new glasses :ugeek: :rofl:
BTW, congr to Masa....splendid work :up:
masa
GeneRally Wizard

Post by masa »

Ohhh, Again Unbelievable!!!!
It's a miracle!? It sent a shiver up my spine!!

Thank you for everyone!
Yeah, nothing is caught in the other words..

And to two splendid track makers.
Congratulations to f.d and Aleksi.

I love your tracks!! ;)
Raska wrote:Only 6 trackmakers (SpeedFreek, Markus Möller, Aeon, Pahkasika, PitbullFIN & DiSi!) have done that before you. :clap:
It's the greatest glory for me that I could receive the 7th big success.

Thanks to all, thanks for the guys who voted to Iconiq.
Your support made this success.
And I hope GeneRally is enjoyed with you for a long time.

..I'll be there of course with you, too. :D