[rwl] [stc] Monaco 1967

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

[rwl] [stc] Monaco 1967

Post by Bouncebackability »

Hi everybody :wave:

I've started this one pretty much 1 year ago and have worked on it on and off since then. It's been in pretty much this state for about 2 months, just tweaking little bits here and there but I think I may as well release it now. Ive studied lots of archive footage, including tv coverage and the film Grand Prix, also the soon to be released rfactor2 helped massively towards the end.

A few tips, on the first lap, there is a lot of blood spilt, this really cannot be helped as the Person has a large contact area. Also be careful of the massenet corner, theres a lamp post on the inside (it was there in real life). Mirabeau is hidden behind trees I know, there are lamposts forming a wall inside the corner, but you have to cut it a lot to hit them, so you can trust it through that corner, and be sure to brake early for Tabac as there is the rise in the road which was there in those days, which can pitch you into the outside wall if you are too keen ;)

It works very well with Ms... classic f1's

Comments very welcome, hopefully you will find it race-able enough!

BBA
Attachments
Monaco 67.zip
(80.65 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Monaco 67.jpg
SammieVL

Re: [rwl] [stc] Monaco 1967

Post by SammieVL »

Awesome!

It looks great, lots of brick walls and stuff added to it, i love the train bridge in the middle-left, and the h-map looks just perfect!
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

LE GASP :faint:

Since the beginning of times... well not really, but for very long, I've been waiting for a good version of the historic Monaco :mrgreen:

Can't wait to test this, a very pleasant surprise :bg:
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Welp, the cityscape does not differ from the modern versions too much :misch: :mrgreen: , however, you've done a great job, BBA.
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Black Rebel »

BBA is always equivaleny to quality. :up:
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Excellent :D
Now maybe East London? :)
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

I also would sugesst that someone will make East London, because the first version was lost. ;)
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

No lost, because I have it :D . Old version was poor for me ;)
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

My bad. :sweatdrop: Did spotted the :tom: link in G-Tracks. ;) However, you're right, a new & improved version wouldn't be too bad at all. :)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Thanks for the comments, any more? Finding it suitable to race on?
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Amazing :).

I have no words, I really love these historic tracks for GR :bg:, level of details is very high, in the first time I felt like that corner is too blind but after few laps I got used to it and it was ok since then :). The city is beautiful, top level again :D. Thank you.

One more question, could you make more versions :)? You know, from different years (midwar for example :D).
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The hmap rear outside walls in top-right (before entering the tunnel) is bit raw, although I'm not sure, if it can be better in this WS (same for road lines there). :scratch:

Otherwise it's masterpiece. :bowdown:
Moonchild

Post by Moonchild »

Monaco + GR = :wow:. Everything here is so amazing! The city, the coast, the crowd :razz: I'd love to see how such masterpieces are done step by step, an evolution of track when it is built. The final result is incredible, but what was the order of your works, BBA? If I were you I wouldn't have any idea how to get started, but you started and finished it perfectly. My favourite track so far (but I will be digging deep in the archive for sure!).

By the way... hello, dear GR community ;)
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Actually I do have all the screenshots still i think, I look into uploading them.

@Ivo, yeah the hmap around the tunnel drove me mad, it has the cleanest i could make it without affecting other things...
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

i cant test it now... but judging by the screenshot... i think it's too modern...
well... i don't know if this could be any better (i tried to make this track, but i failed...)