[cir] Minza

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] Minza

Post by XYY »

Hi everyone,
for GeneRally's 10th anniversary I quickly dug up a track (85% finished) and gave it what it needed to be ready. Originally I had another plan but due to the lack of time, I decided to finish only a track. So this is Minza, a mini version of the Monza track in Milan, Italy. Some hints of the community helped me to get an even better look, and so I hope that you enjoy driving this track. As requested by Ivo, I also included a non-chicane version.
Please rate and comment! :)
Attachments
minza_grif.png
Minza.zip
(182.52 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Eroture

Re: [cir] Minza

Post by Eroture »

When I first looked the picture...I didn't even realized that it was based on Monza :D
Valtteri Bottas, Heikki Kovalainen, Kimi Räikkönen, Mika Salo, Mika Häkkinen, JJ Lehto, Keke Rosberg, Mikko Kozarowitzky, Leo Kinnunen
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It looks amazing, racing is very good :up: but it is hit by few annoying details - sunk tyre, which too inside a kurb (and IMHO unnecessary 'cos bush is there enough close to prevent cutting anyway), 4 too close walls damaging car and cones in the chicane (sunk tyres would work there better). If you'll rune it, 5/5 for also amazing game-play. :misch:
[attachment=0]minza_grif.png[/attachment]
BTW thanks for no chicane version, but visually it doesn't look good with the yellow (too striking) - try only cones instead hay bales, no lines in chicane and white instead yellow on straight. I bet will be more appealing. :)
Attachments
minza_grif.png
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

XYY wrote:gave it what it needed to be ready. Originally I had another plan but due to the lack of time, I decided to finish only a track.
are you implying that if you took a bit more time you could have made it even better, isnt that the point as no one should be rushed into releasing a track it should be perfected rather than rushed.

Also did you consider getting rid of the pit building (or use smaller ones) and make a dedicated pit lane?

Its still very nice!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

No, it was 85% or sth like that ready and I decided to do the final steps. I was a bit under time pressure, but it wouldn't have changed anything if I had more time :rofl: Just for the other plan I had, I had to work like day and night. :taped:
I never thought about making a pitlane, but I prefer it this way ;)
Thanks for the comments, and @Ivo, I can see if I'll rework it a bit... :)
GeneSuomi

Post by GeneSuomi »

Is the football pitch a bit out of scale? :D
And the story was whatever was the song what it was
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

No, it's for kids :shhh: :cool2:
Nooklemaudit

Post by Nooklemaudit »

1) Looks like the real Monza, and a rwl track with normal size POV. Great track (but you already know that ;) )
2) I'm curious: in the chicane there is a row of streetlights. Doesn't it look like those things at the end of the runway at airports? :scratch:
And on the left of the river, is that a golf course? :rofl:

Best rwl track I've ever seen, thanks for that! :bg:
GeneRally looks like any racing game. It just got a smaller price and smaller cars