Original Track Update Project 2010

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Original Track Update Project 2010

Post by Trigger Happy »

Wow, that's amazing, BBA. :shock: I'm glad you didn't went into some extensive use of kerbs or sunk tyres here. :up:

Edit: forgot to ask, what's purpose of bonus version - if lost track in time (no tarmac) or just covered by sand storm. :)

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Btw still hoping, that we'll have chance on that piece showed by XYY few weeks ago. :sleeping:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

[cir] [roa] France 2012

Post by XYY »

Finally, I got my butt off, and after weeks of not knowing anything about my France, finally, here it is!
So, France 2012 was a WIP which I started even in 2010. Don't ask me why it took so long :D . However, this track has taught me one thing intensively: Never do the dithering unless you're pretty much done with the rest :scared: At least I won't do in in the future at all :meditate:
Anyways, hopefully you'll enjoy this Reims-styled Update, and leave some comments, please. AI works best with Formula I think, but you'll have to see :shhh:
Have fun!

P.S. I swore myself that the next release after Rivears would be an rwl. And I also told myself that my next track would be done in March. I could only achieve the latter, but who cares... ;)
Attachments
france_2012.png
France 2012.zip
(60.98 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Finally! :woohoo:

Cool track, the top-left area is much more fitting than what was on the WIP pictures. :up:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I wanna see starting positions and remove the lines inside the pits too, but is amazing :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

Very good track! And it's a French who is telling you it :D
Sorry for my bad English.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Scorpion wrote:I wanna see starting positions and remove the lines inside the pits too, but is amazing :D
I intentionally left out the starters, as this is usually a road (I know there were some in real Reims), but still, thanks for your comments. :)
Some more? :yummy:
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

The updated French track looks better, love the street circuit atmosphere :)
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

XYY wrote:
Scorpion wrote:I wanna see starting positions and remove the lines inside the pits too, but is amazing :D
I intentionally left out the starters, as this is usually a road (I know there were some in real Reims), but still, thanks for your comments. :)
Some more? :yummy:
Reims some years ago still had starting positions lines, but someone (idiots :taped: ) destroy nearly all buildings of the track. :worried:
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
happy412

Post by happy412 »

Hey guys,

I really like this thread, because of that grat idea to upgrade the old tracks. But I noticed, there is/was no "update" for the GeneRally-track "Wigeno" which is one of my favourite "old" tracks. So I thought by me "let's change that problem!".
So I'm proud to present you my version of "Wigeno"! I hope You like it ;)

PS: There exist two different layouts; the first layout is based on the original track, while the second layout is a bit shorter (the coners 2-4 are cutted).
Attachments
Wigeno2012.jpg
Wigeno2012.zip
(39.9 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Well done, mate. Glad we're now having an updated version of this track at last. :cool2:
eMeR

Post by eMeR »

Hi :wave:
It was a long time ago when someone released a track in this project, so I decided to make my version of Indonesia.
The first runoff area is based on Sepang, I think the track was originally based on it.
So here it is, I hope you'll enjoy it :) .
Attachments
Indonesia 12.jpg
Indonesia 2012 by eMeR.rar
(51.98 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Sorry for my bad English!
If you want something, you must work hard!
wisedada

Post by wisedada »

Good job eMer!

Although the preetzertrain version is IMO the best one in term of innovation, your track is something near the "old GR" style and at the same time it's a good updated version. :up:
eMeR

Post by eMeR »

Thank you! I want to leave some of the old style.
Sorry for my bad English!
If you want something, you must work hard!
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

:hide:

I think it's about time to pack this project, since every track has been remade at least once now. All tracks also have at least one good quality remake, there are some that aren't as good as others but lets not be nitpicky. Maybe it would be possible to use tracks from earlier projects, in those cases it would be necessary?

In the original plan we were supposed to hold a ToM-like voting for choosing the tracks for the final pack to be released, but I think it's a lot easier to let a panel of judges do the selections. What do you think?

Btw, apologies to everyone for me being a very lazy project leader :sweatdrop:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

If more people will be deciding, then it'll better IMHO.

ATM I'm finishing the Tantele booked 2 years ago, so I'd rather like some final deadline (e.g. end of August) than immediate ending. :hide:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

I hope that if we let some experienced and good trackmakers/masters to decide we would end up with best tracks in trackpack.
felipebart

Post by felipebart »

Wow it will be very nice to see this packed! I'm really expecting for that update. Thanks to all that participate and all that are participating. One of my favorite circuits to drive, Agari, have great new versions... This new tracks combined with the updated cars will be amazing...
JWong

Post by JWong »

Perhaps the older tracks should be updated to v1.2c? :shrug:
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Could you please wait with ending? :D I have one wip now (Tachren :) ).
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Okay, I'll set a deadline to 16th September, so please have your tracks finished by then :bg:
Last edited by AleksiNir on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Can You please wait a bit longer? I've got a 50 percent ready track and maybe some more and as I'm currently in Spain, I would have to hurry a lot (12 days). This project is running for such a long time, could you please change the deadline?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Good point, XYY, it's truth, this runs so long, that a month or two more doesn't do any harm. And to close things in middle of summer, when are people doing other things than finishing tracks to a fixed deadline almost within 2 weeks isn't best timing. There's no need to hurry suddenly. :nod:

Also it would be very nice to hear reasons, why Akesi wants to change the rules of the voting, because there's no word about why in the post above, it's like to change game rules during halftime of a match. :scratch:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I propose changing the name to either OTU 2010-12 or OTU 2012. xD
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Why not close it now, vote, then start again with newer objects and set out a strict timeframe at the start. at the moment we have 2 years worth of track making skills mixed in here. why not call this project finished and then get a 2012 project running
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I agree with Martyn, there are lots of tracks on this project already and too much time has passed... :shrug: