Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

Post by Otto Wilson »

Looking great... The headlights are a bit off, but you and no one will never get them right anyways :bg:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I now finished the car from the models now more or less, now there are 11 cars (in random order) from the 1968 Le Mans Race. I don't want to keep the implain number and would like to add at least one car. First of all, what should I add (or maybe just one car which I have already with other livery), and secondly, are these cars sufficient for a good pack, please? :)
Attachments
1968.png
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

more than sufficient... this will be exellent :D

EDIT: you could add a non JWA/Gulf GT40... i think at least one Mark I GT40 entered that year... you know... the JWA cars performance is somewhat superior to the originals GT40 :bg:
MercyMurcie

Post by MercyMurcie »

Hmm, that is amazing, but what about a Moynet XS? I don't know much about them, but it says they raced and DNF'd in 1968 le mans.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Yes, I know about the Monyet XS. But seriously, it was out after 6 laps, is it such an important car? I can do it of course. But I think a second livery of an Alfa T33/2 or Porsche 908 would make more sense as they are (a) well-known, (b) had probably a better chance, (c) got a better overall result.
But still thanks for your suggestion ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My personal view is seeing more value in adding rather a rare car, which run just few laps than in adding a multi-livery-spam by a car, which already is represented there at least once. But just :2c: . :)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Why is it so hard to simply make both the Monyet and an extra livery? :rofl:
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Trigger Happy wrote:My personal view is seeing more value in adding rather a rare car, which run just few laps than in adding a multi-livery-spam by a car, which already is represented there at least once. But just :2c: . :)
Okay, if two are for it, I'll do the Monyet. But then I'll do some other cars too: Austin Healey Sprite Le Mans (finished 15th, but at least finished!), Alpine A110 (I just have the A220, I think it's unneccessary to do the A210 with very similar body and just different engine, but the A110 is a real difference), Porsche 910 of Jean-Pierre Hanrioud, Ferrari 275GTB/C by Scud. Fillipinetti, Ferrari 206S dino, Deep Sanderson 302, Chevron B12 and Healey SR (in my eyes very nice looking car). Then I think I pretty much have all the cars which participated in the event. And maybe I should also divide the cars by classes then (5.0, 3.0, 2.0, 1.3) because then I had enough cars of each
Lukeno94 wrote:Why is it so hard to simply make both the Monyet and an extra livery? :rofl:
Not hard, but I think it would have been nice to have 12 cars in the pack rather than 11 or 13. :doh: If I'll realise all the mentioned cars, I'll have 20 :P
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

And what's wrong with a 20 car pack? xD Making liveries is hardly an arduous process, and look how many cars I often package together :p
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

When I do liveries in my WRC sets its because I feel kind of like collector of model cars doing that :D. It's like I want to have this car too :D. It can be bothering for others though :shrug:.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

@Luke: nothing, I only thought until yesterday that no one was interested in those other cars :shy:
@Dan: I would do other liveries but here it seems to be quite unimportant, because there was just one really famous car each (and not like 1966 in Le Mans - 3 GT40's). Apart from the Alfas maybe :rofl:
Here is my other work, visually pretty much finished. What do you think? :bsmile:
Attachments
f1_2012.gif
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

they look good :). Though I have few tips about liveries ;).

McL - that red triangle on nose seems weird, there is nothing like that in real, just a vodafone sign which blends from most angles and is not that strong here or here
RB - yellow nose seems way too long :shrug:.
Sauber - black part of nose ends on completely different angle and back design is different too. (picture ;) )
FI - sides of rear wing are white in real
Attachments
sauber.png
sauber.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Thanks for your tips.
McLaren: the red thing was meant to be the vodafone writing. But it can be removed. Some other opinions maybe? :shy:
Red Bull: Too long? I thought rather too short :?
Sauber: 1st thing is not possible, 2nd thing is a clear improvement, thanks
Force India: :doh:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

On the sauber, how is it not possible to do the nose that way, surely you've created an extra point to make the nose angle away from the driver? changing it makes the whole black part on the side one triangle???
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I could do it like that, but anything else is not possible I'm afraid. :|
Attachments
sauber.png
sauber.png (7.26 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

I think you should go with your original nose solution, as the cars are mostly viewed from top. An all-black top side of the nose looks more wrong to me, than a slightly off side of the nose. If you get what I mean :D
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

No news on the F1 (unfortunately), but I continued working on the 1968 Le Mans pack - this is my result:

What do you think about them? :)
Attachments
lm68.png
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

again, they are incredible, but c'mon! release something, you are torturing us!!! :mad:

BTW, those headlights of the 910 :o
The front could be more rounded i think, but if it will compromise the Headlamps, dont touch it!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Yes, Something is definitely going to be released this month (not sure if a single car or a pack though ;) ). Maybe even two things, if I look at the unpromising number of cars posted this and last month. :shhh:
And about the 910, in fact it is quite rounded (or at least the vertex at the front where the red decal ends is moved quite far to the front), but the hood is a bit higher than the bottom of the headlights, so I can't avoid it if it looks a bit less rounded from this perspective (or I have to move down the vertex... ;) )
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY, you are torturing us :mad: So many WIPs, no releases. :rage: I'm still waiting on that 2-J. Hoping to see something new soon. :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Hi, Carmasters!
I have a question: how do you set the wheel base and the wheel track? You set it for proper values, or just set it to look cool, or adjust to your style?
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Well, the only way you can do it is in the model. Many carmakers choose sizes like 1 unit in CE = 1 metre in reality, so if you want to make a car with a wheelbase of two metres, centered to the middle, you should choose Z-Values of -1 and 1. Of course you don't have to center the wheelbase to the middle, e.g. the car has a bigger overhang in the front than in the back, then it's stupid to center it.
Same for the Wheel track, although it's usually stupid to not center it there. :D
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

XYY wrote:Well, the only way you can do it is in the model. Many carmakers choose sizes like 1 unit in CE = 1 metre in reality, so if you want to make a car with a wheelbase of two metres, centered to the middle, you should choose Z-Values of -1 and 1. Of course you don't have to center the wheelbase to the middle, e.g. the car has a bigger overhang in the front than in the back, then it's stupid to center it.
Same for the Wheel track, although it's usually stupid to not center it there. :D
Ohh cool! Thank you very much! Now its much easier to set it up!
My Tracks & Cars
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Another question.
If I modify the car size values in careditor. What will happens in the game? I tried that I write extreme values. I saw strange things. So what should I write for size values??
My Tracks & Cars

Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Look at the sizes of someone else's cars that you would like yours to be comparable, and base your values around those. (this is, if you're talking about the model)